ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H97M Pro4 RAM Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pi_User5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H97M Pro4 RAM Help
    Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:08am
I was looking at the supported RAM page http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M%20Pro4/?cat=Memory for the ASRock H97M Pro4. My new build is going to have 2 x 8GB sticks of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 16000MHz RAM. Will this RAM still work even though it's not listed?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 4:09pm
Try and check the RAM product page, often the RAM itself has a compatibility list for motherboards. Failing that you may want to check for RAM that the board does support. 

Most likely it will work fine as the RAM you listed is pretty standard however I cannot say definitively that it will work. RAM can be tricky these days, especially with so many variants on the market, OC RAM with higher voltages, single and double sided not to mention capacity. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 8:54pm
I did what Xaltar suggested, checked your memory (although your description is a bit vague) on Crucial's memory compatibility page, and Crucial claims the memory is compatible:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/h97m-pro4/CT5871903

If that memory is not your identical model, find it on Crucial's site and use their compatibility checker.

Pi_User5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pi_User5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 9:34pm
Thanks!!!! That's the exact RAM I'm going to be getting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic