ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 can t wake up . . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:40am
Try it all but still nothing . . .Ouch
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 12:36pm
How do you put the PC into Sleep mode? Please tell us what you do to put the PC into Sleep mode.

Does your PC case have a power light that is on when the PC is on? If it does, what does the power light on the PC case do when you are in Sleep mode?

When my PC is in Sleep mode, if I press the power button on the PC case, the PC wakes up, it does not restart or boot again. That tells me that either Sleep is failing on your PC for some reason, or the PC is really not in Sleep mode.

What is the power supply you are using? The power supply must be turned on when using Sleep, since its Standby 5V rail keeps the RAM memory on during Sleep, which is how the PC wakes without booting Windows.

Try running this command from a Command Prompt (Admin), by left clicking your mouse with the mouse pointer in the lower left corner of the screen and selecting Command Prompt (Admin). The command to type in is, powercfg /a

This is what I get from that command:

I have four Sleep states available, Standby (S3) is Windows Sleep.

Notice that I ran another powercfg command, powercfg -lastwake to show how I woke the PC from Sleep. As I said above, I used the power button as we can see here.

trtamrta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trtamrta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 4:48pm
First tx to Xaltar and you for help !

This is what i get when use cmd commands :

C:\Users\PRKS>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
    Standby (S3)
    Hibernate
    Hybrid Sleep
    Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby (S1)
        The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (Connected)

C:\Users\PRKS>powercfg -lastwake
Wake History Count - 0

C:\Users\PRKS>

When i putting pc to sleep mode i right click on windows logo on taskbar then go to shut down then sleep
When i put pc to sleep first monitor lose image then pc case is still light on like cople min then pc go to " sleep " , lights shut down
Then i can t wake up pc with mouse or keyboard i need to press power button on case which pc starts like he was shut down not in sleep mode

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:07am
Originally posted by trtamrta trtamrta wrote:

First tx to Xaltar and you for help !

This is what i get when use cmd commands :

C:\Users\PRKS>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
    Standby (S3)
    Hibernate
    Hybrid Sleep
    Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby (S1)

Standby (S2)

Standby (Connected)

C:\Users\PRKS>powercfg -lastwake
Wake History Count - 0

C:\Users\PRKS>

When i putting pc to sleep mode i right click on windows logo on taskbar then go to shut down then sleep
When i put pc to sleep first monitor lose image then pc case is still light on like cople min then pc go to " sleep " , lights shut down
Then i can t wake up pc with mouse or keyboard i need to press power button on case which pc starts like he was shut down not in sleep mode

It seems like your board is not going into Sleep mode, even though you seem to be starting Sleep correctly from your description.

If you could go into Sleep mode in the past, you should remember that the power light on the PC case would be going on and off, flashing or blinking is the term in English.

If it takes a couple minutes to go into Sleep mode, which is a long time, it should take no longer than about 15 seconds.

If you haven't changed any settings in the BIOS, the default values should allow Sleep.

Since the power light on the PC case is not flashing, you are not going into Sleep mode, the PC is shutting down for some reason. You said you have 6GB of RAM memory, is that right?

Instead of the way you go into Sleep mode, try this. Put the mouse pointer in the lower right corner of the screen. You should see a black bar appear on the right side of the screen with five entries, one of those is Settings. If you click on Settings, you'll get more options, one of them is Power. Click on Power and you should see Sleep as one of the options. Click on Sleep and see what happens.

When you try going into Sleep mode, do you have a lot of things running on the Desktop?

Have you tried doing a virus scan lately?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic