ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac - WOL problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel_falin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac - WOL problem
    Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:31pm
hi all,
I have a problem with z97e-itx/ac motherboard,

wake on lan function is always enabled, disregarding the bios setting

I am using the last bios 1.8 for the motherboard,

tried to contact technical support 3 times, and no one replied

please help, I don't want this function enabled on my pc
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm
The only things I can suggest until tech support or someone else can chime in is removing the CMOS battery and doing a full CMOS clear and then try disable the function. Failing that I can't think of anything else other than a bios update that could help.

Welcome to the forums Smile
daniel_falin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel_falin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 12:14am
resetting the bios while battery is removed didn't help
the wake on lan is again always active despite bios setting

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel_falin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:09pm
how can I get official support ? I wrote 3 times already via the contact form, no one gives a rat's @ss,
is there a phone number for technical support ?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:41pm
The UEFI/BIOS setting alone won't disable WOL.

Your board has the Intel® I218V network chip, and the ASRock wireless LAN, do you have the Intel network driver installed, and the wireless LAN driver? No idea which one you are using, or which version of Windows you have.

Regardless, you need to go into Device Manager, and find the Network adapters entry. Open the Properties for whichever network interface you are using, and click the Power Management tab. You'll find several WOL entries, uncheck them and click OK.

Also check the Advanced tab if you're using the wireless adapter, for any WOL options and set them to disabled.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel_falin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 5:12am
I don't see how this is driver or OS dependent in any way,
I am talking about pc power on with magic packet even when the pc is turned off, not in a sleep/suspend mode of any way, like if you turn off the power cord of the pc, then plug the power cord back in without powering the pc at all, then send magic packet via LAN (I am not using wifi) and the pc is powered on

that is a bios fault, and just to clarify, with the 1.50 bios there was no such problem

other thing that is bothering me is asrock failing to provide support in any way
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 5:20am
If you revert to bios version 1.50 does it correct the problem still? It may be worth checking, if the problem goes away then it is definitely a bios problem and tech support will have to roll out a fix for the BIOS. 

Tech support can take a while, especially if they have a backlog and need to test and see if they can recreate your problem. You can try sending a PM to "ASRock_TSD" as that is the tech support representative here on the forums.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by daniel_falin daniel_falin wrote:

I don't see how this is driver or OS dependent in any way,
I am talking about pc power on with magic packet even when the pc is turned off, not in a sleep/suspend mode of any way, like if you turn off the power cord of the pc, then plug the power cord back in without powering the pc at all, then send magic packet via LAN (I am not using wifi) and the pc is powered on

that is a bios fault, and just to clarify, with the 1.50 bios there was no such problem

other thing that is bothering me is asrock failing to provide support in any way

If you refuse to check and configure these settings, nothing else can be done.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic