ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 no post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerCraze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 no post
    Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 7:01pm
I am completely new to computer building. Yesterday I turned on the finished product, and no video output was showing. I do not have any OS or BIOS, so it should come up with post. I did not see any post. Power was running to the computer though, the cpu fan was running.

Parts: 
  • AMD A6 - 6400K AD640KOKHLBOX processor
  • ASROCK FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 motherboard
  • MSI GT 610 graphics card
  • 8 gb memory (one stick)
  • 250 watt psu
That's it for the parts (please tell me if I missed anything), here are the things I've done:
  • Using both graphic card's VGA and board's VGA
  • Unplugging graphics card and turning it on
  • Spamming f2 and f12 at startup (although it does not recognize my keyboard)
  • Changing monitors
I am really excited about getting my (light) gaming rig to run, so any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:09pm
Welcome to the forums Smile

Does the system beep at all?  (you will need to connect the PC speaker to the speaker pins on the motherboad)
Have you checked all the connections to the motherboard?
Try removing the RAM and putting it in another slot. 

Can you provide the make and model of the RAM, not all DDR3 RAM is compatible with all motherboards.

A little side note, the iGPU on the A6 - 6400K is actually better performing than the GT 610. If I were you I would return the GT 610 (if possible) and use the money to get another stick of RAM. For the RAM you are be better off getting an 8gb kit (2x4gb) as it will improve the performance of the iGPU.

Good luck

ComputerCraze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerCraze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:55pm
Thanks for the input. I am using an old Compaq Presario S5100NX case for the build to save money, so I sadly don't have a speaker to connect to the motherboard. Is there another way to hear beeping (if any)?

I tried putting the RAM in a different slot and there was still no video out. My RAM is Kingston ValueRAM model no: KVR1333D3N9/8G.

Thank you for the help, hopefully we can solve this Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 10:13pm
KVR1333D3N9H/8G, is listed on your Motherboard RAM support list so it shouldn't be the RAM causing the issue. The H at after the 9 is a naming convention denoting where the particular RAM was made that has since been dropped so the one you listed is the same RAM.

I want you to remove the GT 610 from the system and try and boot again off the onboard (APU). I suspect your power supply may be inadequate to the task. If it works without the GT 610 installed then its a pretty safe bet your PSU is under-powered. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerCraze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 4:27am
Already tried that with no success. Could it be that two sticks of ram are required? 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 11:57am
The system should work with 1 stick without issue. 

I am still suspecting the power supply to be honest. That PSU was designed for use with a pentium 4 system, a lot has changed since then. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerCraze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm
Thank you so much! I will order a new PSU and get back to you.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 11:02pm
Good luck, I look forward to hearing good news Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ComputerCraze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 3:42am
Sadly, there is still no post Cry

I got a Diablotek DA Series 400-Watt ATX Power Supply PSDA400 psu, installed it and there is still no post, however, everything else that I hooked up works fine. Hard drive, floppy drive, even the cpu fan.

Maybe it's something with the motherboard?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:08am
Ok, now you have a new PSU lets start at the beginning. I want you to take everything apart again as it was before you built the system, all cables, components, everything off the motherboard then:

1. Check your CPU pins, make sure none are bent or broken
2. Once you are sure the CPU pins are ok, insert it into the motherboard socket carefully and install the heatsink.
3. Insert your RAM into slot 1
4. Install the motherboard into the case being sure that the mounting standoffs are all in the right places and that there are no extra ones shorting circuits at the bottom of the motherboard.
5. Connect the Power Supply 24 pin power connector to the board and the 4 pin power connector near the boards VGA and DVI ports.
6. Connect the power switch to the motherboard power pins
7. Connect your monitor, keyboard and mouse to the system and power it up.

If this fails then it is likely that that old power supply may have damaged the motherboard or it was faulty from the start. Post back your results and we can see what to do from there.

Good luck Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic