ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Turns off sometimes, no power to fans/peripherals.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turns off sometimes, no power to fans/peripherals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covertskippy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:35am
Ok I'm back, now I'm no longer getting full crashes but my PC completely locks up except for the mouse which just turns into a loading circle. This has happened twice today. I've cleared the CMOS after the second time and I guess if it happens again I'll request an express RMA. The freezes happen fairly randomly, for ex not when I'm gaming but once when a web browser tab was refreshed and again when launching GPU-Z.

Edited by covertskippy55 - 25 Jun 2015 at 4:37am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 12:38pm
Could you check your system event logs? Any issues that result in freezing/hanging should be found there. 

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System

There are numerous things that can cause this problem, most notably drivers. It is possible that with your previous power off problems some of you drivers or your OS may have been corrupted.
covertskippy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covertskippy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:40pm
I have been doing this but unfortunately the events that appear are irrelevant except for even id 41 which is just corresponding to the unexpected shutdown.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:54pm
Damn, thats a pity. I was hoping it was being caused by some kind of conflict or driver error. I had endless problems with "driver recovered" errors (TDR) which would cause anything from screen freezing to BSODs. In my case it turned out to be video drivers. After cleaning them out completely and reinstalling the latest ones my problem went away.

Good luck with the RMAs, sadly it seems the damaged power supply may have taken the board with it....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covertskippy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 6:36am
Hmm it seems to be an issue with windows 8.1 and/or drivers. The following post describes my symptoms perfectly. I dont really want to reinstall windows so ill just have to make sure I dont let my pc idle, which shouldnt be too difficult since i have no issue shutting the pc down. Thanks for the help anyways

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covertskippy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:25pm
Well I hate to bump this old post but the original issue of no display/peripherals happened again. Newegg requires me to ship the product first to them, it could be weeks before I get the replacement, I have emailed asrock for support and asking if they could ship a replacement first and charge me temporarily, lets see what they say. This is my first experience with asrock motherboards too
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:39pm
I am sorry to hear that Unhappy

Good luck with the RMA, lets hope it works out this time. Though I have to say, 2 bad boards in a row is pretty unlikely. It may be worth checking the other components.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covertskippy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 11:47pm
Well I didnt actually do an RMA last time, since it hasn't happened until today, so its still the first board. I also noticed the red bios light doesnt turn on either, I seem to be able to reproduce the issue as well by repeatedly shutting down and starting the PC. "Fixing" the issue is as simple as plugging in the fan header to a different one as long as its not the one it was plugged into when it happened. Very bizarre. Welp and newegg is refusing to do an RMA without the original UPC barcode which I had to send in to asrock for the rebate. Lets hope asrock helps me out

Edited by covertskippy55 - 05 Jul 2015 at 11:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic