ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error when updating Bios Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error when updating Bios Version
    Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:33am
When i try to Update Bios Via Internet , when download begining there is an error message say :
Download incomplete , please select download server in internet configuration and retry
so , i try to change servers ? but the message still appear

i'm so sorry for my bad english ^_^

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:52am
Originally posted by dabas dabas wrote:

When i try to Update Bios Via Internet , when download begining there is an error message say :
Download incomplete , please select download server in internet configuration and retry
so , i try to change servers ? but the message still appear

i'm so sorry for my bad english ^_^

You have an ASRock H81M board?

What servers did you try? Do you have an Asia or China option? You can try any of the servers.

Did you try downloading the BIOS file from your board's download page?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

After you download the file, you must unzip it, and copy the unzipped file to a USB flash drive, if you want to use the Instant Flash BIOS update method.

Instant Flash is not the same as Internet Flash. You must download the file yourself using Instant Flash.

Instant Flash is the best method of updating the BIOS. Do you have a USB flash drive?

dabas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:57am
* the model printed  inside  the Motherboard from (H87M) ? But when i open UEFI setting showin (H81M) ? as seeing in CPUZ

* i try all servers (Europ - Asia - China) all the same

* i afraid to use Instant Flash(bios model unmatching)

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:14pm
So your board is labeled as H87M but the BIOS is saying it is an H81M?

If possible please post a pic of your motherboard so we can compare it to both the H81M and the H87M to determine exactly what board you have.

For your reference:

The 2 boards are almost identical but the H87M has 6 SATA 3.0 ports vs 2 SATA 3.0 and 2 SATA 2.0 on the H87M. You will also note the absence of the "Etron Tech" controller on the H87M which uses the H87 chipset to provide the same functionality rather than having to use a 3rd party controller.  

Edited by Xaltar - 12 Jul 2016 at 2:20pm
dabas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:40am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 2:14am
That board, I am afraid to say, is mislabeled. In all likelihood it had a sticker over the H87M that said H81M and somewhere, someone removed it. The H87M and H81M use the same PCB with some component differences so it is not uncommon for the manufacturer to simply put a sticker with the correct designation over the incorrect one, especially if it is early in the production. If you purchased this board new from a store as an H87M I would return it, if you purchased it second hand as an H87M then someone ripped you off. 

Note the Etron Tech controller under the USB 3.0 header and the unused SATA pin traces on the motherboard. The heatsink is also not the correct one for the H87M. My N3150M motherboard had the N3150M label stuck over an N3700M screen printed label on the PCB. 

If you are unable to return the board and have to choice but to keep using it then update your BIOS using the H81M BIOS (which is in fact the board you have).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

dabas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

That board, I am afraid to say, is mislabeled. In all likelihood it had a sticker over the H87M that said H81M and somewhere, someone removed it. The H87M and H81M use the same PCB with some component differences so it is not uncommon for the manufacturer to simply put a sticker with the correct designation over the incorrect one, especially if it is early in the production. If you purchased this board new from a store as an H87M I would return it, if you purchased it second hand as an H87M then someone ripped you off. 

Note the Etron Tech controller under the USB 3.0 header and the unused SATA pin traces on the motherboard. The heatsink is also not the correct one for the H87M. My N3150M motherboard had the N3150M label stuck over an N3700M screen printed label on the PCB. 

If you are unable to return the board and have to choice but to keep using it then update your BIOS using the H81M BIOS (which is in fact the board you have).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

thank u so much bro , unfortunetly i can't return the board
now ... how can i solve bios update via internet ?
* these dayes i faced another problem , when i turn on the computer i lose HDD Priority (i've two HDD) this cause unbootable  windows , this forced me to reset  priority more one time

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:35am
Download and use the instant flash option from the H81M BIOS download section. Don't worry, the updater in the BIOS will not allow you to flash to an incorrect version, it will simply tell you no BIOS update was found. With that said I am certain your board is in fact an H81M so it should work without issues. Once you have updated check to see if your other issue is resolved by the update.
dabas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Download and use the instant flash option from the H81M BIOS download section. Don't worry, the updater in the BIOS will not allow you to flash to an incorrect version, it will simply tell you no BIOS update was found. With that said I am certain your board is in fact an H81M so it should work without issues. Once you have updated check to see if your other issue is resolved by the update.

thanks brother :

the last question / how to solve the second problem

when i turn on the computer i lose HDD Priority (i've two HDD) this cause unbootable  windows , this forced me to reset  priority more one time
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 9:12pm
Did you update your BIOS yet? If not first do that. Updating the BIOS may well resolve the HDD priority issue. If not post back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic