ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Numlock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gx8232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Numlock
    Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:44am
The numlock setting in BIOS does not work. It is set to on (which is also the default) and the machine boots with numlock off. Kind of an annoyance since I always want numlock to be on. Any way to fix this? I looked through the BIOS updates that are available and I didn't see a mention of the problem being fixed.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by gx8232 gx8232 wrote:

The numlock setting in BIOS does not work. It is set to on (which is also the default) and the machine boots with numlock off. Kind of an annoyance since I always want numlock to be on. Any way to fix this? I looked through the BIOS updates that are available and I didn't see a mention of the problem being fixed.

If that setting is broken in the BIOS, it needs work, unless the keyboard you are using is the problem for some reason. Some keyboards have drivers that must be running for all their features to be working.

Did you happen to try a different keyboard to test if it makes a difference?

What keyboard do you have that this happens with Num Lock?

You could report this to Technical Support with this form:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Edited by parsec - 13 Jul 2016 at 2:08pm
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 2:59am
I have the same motherboard and mine does the same thing.  

Logitech K360 wireless keyboard.

Annoying is right.

gx8232 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gx8232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 10:58am
This is just a plain vanilla keyboard - wired USB MS Natural clone. Works fine with any other system. It is only the ASRock based system where numlock is not on by default. I've found numerous complaints searching online about other ASRock boards having the same issue - but never seen a solution (other than hacking Windows to get the OS to turn NumLock, which should not be necessary as the BIOS setting should work, and won't work if you aren't running Windows).

Edited by gx8232 - 19 Jul 2016 at 11:06am
Brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:57am
Gx8232,

Has support gotten back to you on this issue?

Edited by Brad - 20 Jul 2016 at 5:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic