ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foosking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:16am
This forum is no help
Jfear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jfear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 7:39am
It's critical that your USB is formatted FAT32 and that you allow your system to reboot to the windows screen. That may take a few times. Typically just 2 times. I just updated to 1.80 for my X99 tiachi. Everything went smoothly. I hope this helps. 
lucian.pescaru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lucian.pescaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:27pm
The latest bios for X99 Extreme 4 and Windows 10 x64 1809 release does not support overclocking on 6900k intel CPU. Please update the Intel microcode in the bios files. Thanks.

Other manufacturers like ASUS and MSI already have bioses out that fix this issue...

Edited by lucian.pescaru - 05 Oct 2018 at 4:28pm
lucian.pescaru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucian.pescaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:43pm
Here's an updated 3.80 with microcode 0B00002E (latest) for X99 Extreme 4.

Here's how to update the bios:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99372-Rampage-V-Extreme-Instructions-for-updating-the-BIOS-file-CPU-microcode

You must download the latest apps, they have the microcode inside and follow the exact steps there. Do not ask me to do a custom bios for you :)

https://mega.nz/#!UcsFVYiA!Xq8SoSXqrpkegjyDoU9XIuHhg8HrQyLSh8o1ELKePLg

Edited by lucian.pescaru - 06 Oct 2018 at 9:48pm
RonsEZ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonsEZ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
I have an X99M Killer 3.1 asrock motherboard. I dont know where I got BIOS P3.90 but that was an update from your app store months back. Then your app store gave mme update said I needed version 4 bios so I started to execute the file from app store dont think it ever updated my commputer did turn on and off but never seen bios come up and say updating and when I went to bios it still said ver P3.9. So then I started to notice computer lag freezing and then the blue screen of death stating watchdog error. I ran scan now and fixed any damaged or corrupt files in windows 10 system but now still noticed computer lagging and freezing. I tried again to execute the 4.0 bios update and I DLed from asrock site but I get version not for my product or words to that extent so nothing happens. I went back and downloaded version 3.8 from asrock and it did update my bios and I noticed computer responding much better. I then tried ver 4.0 that I DLED from asrock and same popup came up that version is not for my device. Yes I have an x99mkiller 3.1 yes app shop says I need the ver 4 update yes asrock lists this update for my MB so what gives why wont my MB update to ver 4 bios? and where did a version 3.9 come from that was on my motherboard as it was installed as a MB update but I cant find under support for my MB. Im running ver 3.8 all seems to be working better but dont know why everything says I need ver 4 bios yet it wont install. When I go on instant flash in bios all I get is there is an update ver 4 but all servers dont dl and after changing servers 2 times to try bios would freeze and Id have to power off and back on. Going to try instant again with this version 3.8 and see if it updates or bios freezes again. Cant understand asrock first I get a bios update that doesnt exist on the page for my x99m ver 3.9 then what they tell me I need wont install that is version 4. Whats the issue please. 
Ron
Tickitacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tickitacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:16am
Windows 10 KB4100347 breaks the overclocking capabilities with most X99 motherboard / Broadwell E combos. It loads microcode 0xB00002C at boot.

Breaking the overclock confirmed here for an i76800K on a X99 Taichi (with microcode 0xB00002A in latest BIOS).

ASRock, please provide an updated BIOS with the latest microcode 0xB00002E.

Thanks!!
darkman1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkman1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:24am
Same here with the Fatal1ty X99X Killer (speculating if the USB3.1 version is affected too).
Update KB4100347 breaks overclocking ability running under Biosversion 3.40

Biosupdate needed for the new microcode.
Only workaround is to uninstall the update

Edited by darkman1984 - 09 Nov 2018 at 2:26am
toche9595 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toche9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:05pm
I can not make the last update on my HP which is under Windows 8. Someone has the same problem? Do I have to update my Windows to Windows 10 for it to work?
zandyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zandyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 9:02am
Me too I have this problem, and I could not make the last update on my computer which is under Windows 8.

________________________________________________________________________________
https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ https://downloader.vip/yify-yts/ https://downloader.vip/rarbg/

ocmuresan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocmuresan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm
Hello everyone, I hope I can get some help in here. I have X99 Extreme6/3.1 and I can't update BIOS. No matter what I do, after the update the system kind of locks just before entering BIOS. The monitor's green led turns on as if it has video signal from the graphics card, but it freezes there and after about 30 seconds the system shuts down and then it turns on by itself. After 2 or 3 attempts, the system shuts down completely. In order to keep using it I turn to the second BIOS and set the MB to copy the BIOS settings to the first chip. Anyone has any ideas what can be wrong ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic