ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 BIOS Update
    Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 11:41am
Dear customers,

Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We released several later BIOS for X99 platform?<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">recently, please check the BIOS update list as the link then check your model page to download the latest BIOS version.</span>

If your model is not on the list or there's no later BIOS from June, please check the BETA ZONE and feel free to download the P version BIOS which is same as production BIOS version.

We will still keep following the feedback from everyone to improve user experience as best as we can.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD?

Edited by Administrator - 22 Nov 2023 at 2:08pm
MrX1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrX1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 6:18am
Hi, can someone explain me more the point 3 and 4 what was done/changed ?
What benefits or disadvantage do I have with this Update?

1.Improve DRAM compatibility.
2.Update EZ OC table.
3.Update Microcode.
4.Update NTFS module.

Thanks
ASRock X99M Extreme4 / BIOS 3.00
Foosking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foosking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
My PC fails to boot after flashing. I loaded defaults and gets to Win 10 loading screen and freezes.
x99e-itx/ac
ACIDSky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACIDSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:16pm
Sorry for my bad English. For x99 Extreme 6\ac latest BIOS is from December 2015. There is a Beta version from April 2016. When will the final version? For her x99 Extreme 6 several times already released a new BIOS.
Foosking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foosking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:18pm
I have tried the P3.10 and beta P3.20 BIOS and neither work for me on this X99e-ITX/ac. When I go back to  P1.50 everything works after fixing the bad boots and repairing Windows 10. Nothing but lock ups with those.
I did notice my M.2 boot drive is not listed with those BIOS under Advanced/Storage Configuration. It says Not Detected. P1.50 shows my Samsung M.2. Could be the reason its not booting if it cant see it.
With P1.50 BIOS system runs great Overclocked. The new BIOS wont boot with defaults loaded.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 Extreme 5960X
Asrock X99E-ITX/ac
32GB G.Skill (F4-2400C15-16GVR)
EVGA GTX980 Ti
Corsair AX760i
Corsair H80i water cooling
Samsung SM951 M.2 (system drive)
Silverstone SG13 case

MrX1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrX1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:31pm
X99M Extreme4

Currently the stable and new beta Bios has the same version number v.3.10 with different changelog and date, but has the same download links (Instant Flash). Could it be that you have accidentally overwritten the stable Bios ?

Edited by MrX1980 - 04 Aug 2016 at 2:49pm
ASRock X99M Extreme4 / BIOS 3.00
Baroque_Monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroque_Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 7:27pm
I just baught the 99x OC formula.  I am having a difficult time updating any drivers.  My windows will post and during the opening screen it crashes.  I'm pretty sure this is a driver issue however I have only been able to flash the lan driver and update the firmware nothing else will take.  I attempted to flash bois update but it keeps staing the is no image present.  It wont let me boot from a wondows 7 boot repeir from usb, dvd or lan.  keeps telling me no bootable partition.  everything has posted fine all the memory, the setup screen is fine and bois seem to be working.  but it keeps blocking me from opening windows so I can run the included disk or installing the driver necessary for the dvd, usb, sata, ect?
DStealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 10:50pm
Just wanna share my experience - with P3.20 and P3.30 BIOS on Extreme4/3.1 - The OC soket is not working at all with 6800k
With 5820k all is fine...Uncore and memory overclocking are terrible...even worse then they were on my previous board x99 extreme4...
Will not waitng for a new BIOS probably and will leave my 5820k as it makes 3ghz+ memory and 4ghz+ uncore...in opposite to 6800k which was not able to get over 2700mhz memory w/o loosing some modules(Dual/tripple) and 3300uncore...

Too bad, not sure if it's Asrock or Intel fault but is very annoying

Just to worn new users willing to jump on Broadwell-E train to avoid this MB...not sure how it works on Asus boards BTW

A photo with 6800k on the old board...the new one was terrible not even gonna share them
http://i.imgur.com/gckq0t6.jpg

Edit: On the other hand 5820k has become a complete new CPU...memory also. Very happy all at the minimum Voltages
~4300Mhz Uncore @ 1.3v + ~4.7Ghz@1.32v and 3025 cl14 T1 memory@ 1.3v...Just a miracle not achievable even closer with the old model w/o OC socket...
http://i.imgur.com/1pR5swx.jpg
Clap

Edited by DStealth - 22 Aug 2016 at 1:46am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by DStealth DStealth wrote:

Just wanna share my experience - with P3.20 and P3.30 BIOS on Extreme4/3.1 - The OC soket is not working at all with 6800k
With 5820k all is fine...Uncore and memory overclocking are terrible...even worse then they were on my previous board x99 extreme4...
Will not waitng for a new BIOS probably and will leave my 5820k as it makes 3ghz+ memory and 4ghz+ uncore...in opposite to 6800k which was not able to get over 2700mhz memory w/o loosing some modules(Dual/tripple) and 3300uncore...

Too bad, not sure if it's Asrock or Intel fault but is very annoying

Just to worn new users willing to jump on Broadwell-E train to avoid this MB...not sure how it works on Asus boards BTW

A photo with 6800k on the old board...the new one was terrible not even gonna share them
http://i.imgur.com/gckq0t6.jpg

Edit: On the other hand 5820k has become a complete new CPU...memory also. Very happy all at the minimum Voltages
~4300Mhz Uncore @ 1.3v + ~4.7Ghz@1.32v and 3025 cl14 T1 memory@ 1.3v...Just a miracle not achievable even closer with the old model w/o OC socket...
http://i.imgur.com/1pR5swx.jpg
Clap

We are lucky that Broadwell-E processors work as well as they do. Consider the standard Broadwell processors, are they popular with PC enthusiasts? In a few scenarios, yes, but for over clocking and general CPU performance, no.

Question for you, as well as using a Broadwell-E compatible UEFI/BIOS version, have you updated the Intel Management Engine (IME) software to the latest version? It won't work miracles, but without it you cannot over clock Broadwell-E at all.

Yes, the default Broadwell-E cache speed is 2700MHz, that is pure Broadwell-E, not ASRock. Did you notice the Broadwell-E AVX Cache Multiplier Offset option (or whatever it is called?)

You're familiar with the general Haswell AVX instructions stress tests problem I imagine? That is, using CPU stress tests with AVX2 instructions cause very high core temperatures? That cause throttling due to cores reaching ~100C?

With Broadwell-E, Intel added a UEFI/BIOS option that will reduce the maximum Cache multiplier when AVX2 instructions are being executed. This Cache Multiplier Offset option only allows a negative value, reducing the Cache multiplier. What does that tell us about Intel's faith in a Cache OC?

Not to mention that to OC the Cache in Haswell-E requires a non-standard 2011-v3 CPU socket! That's not Intel approved or supplied. How mother board manufactures got away with that one, I don't know. Given some of the problems one mother board manufacture seems to have with that socket, apparently destroying Haswell-E processors randomly, is that socket really that desirable?

I've read in an OCN Broadwell-E thread, that their IMC is better than Haswell-E, and have seen the proof. Of course to those guys, a DRAM voltage of 1.35V is the starting point.

IMO, DDR4 memory is a mess currently. Between Haswell-E/Broadwell-E and Skylake, the XMP profiles are not interchangeable. Mainly with VCCSA and VCCIO voltages. You must experiment to find the appropriate values and settings for your DDR4 memory, setting all that you can manually.

My ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1 board has gained and then lost memory OC capability between UEFI versions. As compatibility is enhanced for some memory models, others seem to have diminished capabilities. DDR4 is still new, and it will take time before it gets sorted out. The X58/socket 1366 processors were infamous for their "missing memory" syndrome, I saw it myself on my X58 board, and that was with mature DDR3 memory. We seem to forget, nothing is guaranteed beyond Intel's specs, given our past success.

You may think an ASRock X99 Extreme4 board is an expensive, high end board. It's a mid range board, period. A $200 X99 board is really entry level, relative to this platform. Check the prices of the X99 boards by the company that you mentioned above. Yes, $500+ for some models. Over priced? Maybe, but I don't understand how ANY decent board can be sold for $100 or less.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 2:12pm
Great points Parsec Thumbs Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic