ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox-S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox-S
    Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 4:09am
Thinking about buying a Beebox-S 6200U.  It's nice that it comes with an M.2 slot with PCIe 3.0 x 4 speed, but I  can't find any info on NVMe support.  Does it support booting from NVMe M.2 drives (such as Samsung 950 Pro)?  If not, I'll probably have to build a mini-ITX system that will.  
  I guess I'm spoiled by the Intel 750 series in my main PC, it makes normal SSDs feel slow after you get used to the super low latency and high throughput of a fast NVMe drive...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 6:01am
It sure appears so:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7799/asrock-beebox-intel-core-i5-6200u-mini-pc-review/index5.html

I used the same Kingston HyperX Impact (HX421S13IBK2/16) DDR4 2133MHz SO-DIMM kit I used in my DeskMini 110 review along with a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe based PCI-E 3.0 x4 SSD. The configuration is very nimble. ASRock included a special bracket, which you screw into the PCB that extends the screw hole to the edge of the case, allowing for drives like the 950 Pro to fit.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic