ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATuning crashes on Win10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Jojo110 Jojo110 wrote:

[QUOTE=wardog]
Don't quite understand.  I run as admin, as I always have.  Only other account IS the official Admin account.

Even with you being the only current acct, when a program gets installed as "Access For All Accounts" it installs/writes to the registry differently.

Try reinstalling it. Or not.

Then there's running with Admin Privileges and the doors that that opens up.
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Jojo110 Jojo110 wrote:

[QUOTE=wardog]
Don't quite understand.  I run as admin, as I always have.  Only other account IS the official Admin account.

Even with you being the only current acct, when a program gets installed as "Access For All Accounts" it installs/writes to the registry differently.

Try reinstalling it. Or not.

Then there's running with Admin Privileges and the doors that that opens up.

Not worried about running in Admin mode.  Have been doing that for many years w/o any problems. 

I will try an AT reinstall this weekend.
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 3:03am
Reinstall seems to be working.  Have not had any AT crashes in 2 days.

Still wondering why there have not been any AT updates since 11/16/2015, over 9 months now and counting?  Is the program dead?
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 2:54am
Problem looks resolved by the reinstall.  Have not had any errors since the reinstall.

I am still waiting for any answer as to when the next ATuning update will be and why there have not been any updates since Nov 2015!
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 2:18pm
Damm!  Wrote to soon. 

The ATuning problems just returned out of nowhere. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aloIK_2QNddjZCU0xOUXRkZmM

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 3:26pm
JoJo, sorry for your problems.

The below comes from my contacts at ASRock. Fingers crossed it is applicable, and solves this for you.

Please refer below steps for try:

Please re-install AXTU once again on windows 10 x64.
By default AXTU installer put files in: c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

Now please make new install path and put AXTU in windows 10 x64 program files folder:
c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

My note: You might rename c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\ to c:\Program Files (x86)\OLD ASRock Utility\AXTU\ to keep any possible registry entries for using the old dir.

Please post back how it goes there.

Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:01am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

JoJo, sorry for your problems.

The below comes from my contacts at ASRock. Fingers crossed it is applicable, and solves this for you.

Please refer below steps for try:

Please re-install AXTU once again on windows 10 x64.
By default AXTU installer put files in: c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

Now please make new install path and put AXTU in windows 10 x64 program files folder:
c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

My note: You might rename c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\ to c:\Program Files (x86)\OLD ASRock Utility\AXTU\ to keep any possible registry entries for using the old dir.

Please post back how it goes there.

Did not work!  Reinstalled in new folder.  As always, ran OK for 2 or 3 days, then starts to crash.

If I reboot, then AT will run OK for a couple of days and then crash.

This sounds like some data area internally gets overloaded or corrupted after a couple of days. 

Problem DID NOT occur on Win10 pre-AU.

If I am the only one with this problem, them why am I unique?  Is there a log that can be examined?  Or a debug mode turned on?
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:41pm
Knock, knock.  Anyone home?
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 2:49am
Bump
Jojo110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 1:36pm
Everyone reading this thread should keep the lack of support in mind when considering whether to purchase another ASRock product.  When there is a difficult situation, there is no help to be found.  They pull their heads into their shells and abandon users.

I will be replacing this mobo with a more mainstream and hopefully better supported product from a more reputable company in the coming months.

I already have a negative ASRock review on NewEgg and I will be adding others on Amazon and elsewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic