ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How I can to find bios version by product numler?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How I can to find bios version by product numler?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I can to find bios version by product numler?
    Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:44pm
Hello, I want to purchase a new motherboard with latest version of bios, because updating the bios is risky. Can I ask you here for this version by product or serial number?

Edited by peppone2 - 14 Aug 2016 at 9:45pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:58pm
You can't usually get a motherboard new that has the latest BIOS installed. Some stores will do it for you, the risk in this case is theirs. BIOS flashing is not anywhere near as risky as it once was. 

Let us know what board you plan to get and we can advise.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 10:23pm
I've never had a new mother board that came with the latest UEFI/BIOS version out of the box. New versions are released for most boards fairly regularly.

What a retailer has in stock depends upon the production date of a board, when they received shipment, how many they sell, and replace with new stock. Too many variables, and what we actually get is pure chance.

IF you update the UEFI/BIOS with the safest method, you won't have any problem. I have never, not once, ruined an ASRock or other board doing a UEFI/BIOS update. I update to every new UEFI/BIOS version available. My ASRock Z77 Extreme4 boards have had over ten UEFI updates, never a problem.

For ASRock boards, use the Instant Flash. Note that is not the Internet Flash method, Instant Flash.

Internet Flash is Instant Flash, with the added component of downloading the BIOS file automatically. Some users occasionally have a problem with it, but IMO they did not follow all the directions, or they had a problem downloading the file.

The Windows UEFI/BIOS update method seems to be the one that causes the most problems. Why that is, I'm not sure, but I would imagine changing a board's firmware settings while the OS is running, IF that is what occurs, is all we need to know IMO.
peppone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 11:17pm
Soon I purchased mainboard C70M1, after I asked them and they send to me such with the lastest version of the bios P1.30. Now I Want to bay mainboard AM1B-M, but I have the same board, wich have a trouble with video graphic.
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1976&title=on-motherboard-am1bm-bios-dont-work-correctly

Edited by peppone2 - 14 Aug 2016 at 11:24pm
peppone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 7:08pm
For my lucky, they send to me the newest mainboard with the lastest bios an hardware revision. What is diference beween hardware revision G/A 1.02 & G/A 1.03, maybe reflashed bios memory?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic