ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3150 - USB failures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox N3150 - USB failures
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 6:41pm
When connecting several external USB3 HDD's and transferring data between them, after a few minutes, some or all HDD's disappear from the explorer and the Device Manager states "Unknown Device" (port reset failed) for the lost drives. Running Win10 x64 (Beebox bought with Win10 installed, 32GB and 2G RAM).

I then have to uninstall then in Device Manager, dis- and reconnect the USB HDD's and then they are recognized again.

This makes them unusable and I have tried everything I can think of (bios update, drivers update, usb sleep mode off, ...). The drives don't show this behavior on other PC's I have. I've tried several drives of different manufacturers.

I'm thinking of returning/replacing this Beebox, but if it is a common Beebox issue, I won't replace it of course and get a different brand mini PC.

Please help.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:32pm
The N3150 has four USB 3.0 ports. Three "regular' 3.0 and one 3.0 Type C .

These are all provided by the Intel processor, which is considered Native USB 3.0. Intel USB issues are rather non-existant.

Are you using a USB hub?

What driver revision is installed for the USB controller?

Are your drives USB port powered, or do they have power bricks that power them?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:33pm
Oh, is there an Error number being reported? 43 maybe?
debbes2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbes2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 4:57am
Yes, it was error code 43. But it is solved now. After extensive testing it was the usb hub that was the culprit. A new hub I'm using now works without issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic