ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme 4 NVME PCI-E SSD BOOTING!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtom343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:41pm
Question for the guys who cloned Windows with Macrium. I cloned Windows with Macrium and and had to do the whole bcdboot modification, etc.. to get it to boot into UEFI. Now however, I am trying to download and create bootable Windows 10 with Windows Media Tool and I run into issues with my drive not being able to boot. Is this an issue of creating a Legacy MBR bootable disk unknowingly? Is that possible or are both UEFI and Legacy created on the disk?

When I try to boot it gives me an option to boot Legacy or UEFI from the USB.
I select UEFI but when I've tried I always get a BSOD for winload.exe missing or something similar. Anyone know what the issue may be? Need to re-install as I believe my Windows got corrupted from an Overclock/bad PSU.
itsthesmell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsthesmell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:50am
There is a beta bios for nvme drives, its 1.70e and asrock support sent it to me. Im struggling to get it going, i cant add a boot windows boot loader to my boot options. Can anyone point me how to do this? I can see my ssd once inside windows and i can install windows onto it but i cant select it at boot.
itsthesmell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsthesmell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 12:58am
Im still unable to get my corsair mp510 nvme drive to boot. I contacted asrock to see if they had a more upto date bios. They replied 2 days later saying they cant see why it doesnt work so they asked their engineers to make an official nvme bios and here it is: 1.90a. Astonishing customer service. Im buying asrock with every build from now on. Thanks guys.

Ive bought another adapter so i will wait for that to arrive before installing 1.90a.
SSgtWeasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSgtWeasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:48pm
Attempting to replace existing Samsung 850 SSD (SATA3_A0) with 970 EVO

Recently Purchased:
YATENG NVME Adapter PCIe x16 with Heat Sink, M.2 SSD Key M to PCI Express Expansion Card
Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

Questions:
Will I take away the PCIE2 3.0 speed from my new RTX2060 if using x16 slot for new EVO 970 with adapter? I plan to use PCIE3 3.0 slot that only supports 8x I believe?
What should the BIOS setting be for both PCIE2 and PCIE3?

NOTE: Replaced recent MSI GeForce (N760 TF 2GD5/OC760 TF 2GD5/OC) with New NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER used PCIE2 x16 slot 1 and set BIOS to PCIE 3.x

Current Platform Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)     
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. P3.00, 3/12/2018      - Have the latest BETA Bios from Asus website instlaled
SMBIOS Version     2.7     
BIOS Mode     Legacy     
BaseBoard Manufacturer     ASRock     
BaseBoard Product     Z77 Extreme4
Video Card = EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 Super SC Black Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, 08G-P4-3062-KR
Hard drive C: = Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA3 6bg/s per application (latest firmware) ACHI activated. Rapid and trim enabled. SATA3_A0
OS Name     Microsoft Windows 10 Pro     
Version     10.0.18363 Build 18363     
drakon8000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakon8000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:38am
latest Bios P3.0 3/12/2018 support NVME ?
or need only Bios version 2.90P
B-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote B-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:54am
2.90p was the only one that worked for me
B-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote B-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:00pm
2.90Q I Meant. The 3.00 disnt show my nvme drive.
Just keep trying sonething until it works
rockherbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockherbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 11:08pm
Hi guys, I use a Z77 Extreme 4M(the small brother to the Extreme 4) and installed a NVME PCI-E SSD with an adapter in the PCI e 3.0 slot these days. No problem with the installing process. Windows 10 pro shows this as regular drive and I can use it as data storage. On the other hand the Bios doesn`t show the NVME drive (which is due to the missing NVme element) and I can`t therefore boot from it. It was interesting to see that for the Extreme 4 Bios there is a NVME part included already - so my questions are:

Is there a solution for the Extreme 4M - the actual Bios version is 1.90£

Can I possibly use the Extreme 4 Bios on my board - since both boards are very similar£

Can an expert possibly modify the 1.90 Bios that I can use my NVME ssd for booting£

Thank you-
crileo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crileo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:49pm
Hello ZAZZN, I'm interested to your mod bios but I cannot see your link for downloading....can you help me£
moxie2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moxie2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
pre-modified BIOS where££
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic