ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

EP2C602-4L/D16 problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannekalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 4:55am
I waited for 5 minutes and nothing Ouch

Waiting for ASROCK to answer my mail... Guess I'll go and get all my parts checked somewhere tomorrow...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:34am
Your Kingston memory is compatible with your CPUs and board, and you have four DIMMs, so you can use two for each CPU. The G.SKILL memory is not in the QVL list. Use the Kingston.

You have both CPUs in the board, correct?

Your video shows cables to both CPU power connectors, I can't tell if the cable is correct or not. Be sure not to use the PCIe power cables for the CPU power.

Both videos shows the G.SKILL memory, try using the Kingston again. Clear the BIOS before starting the board again after inserting the Kingston memory.

You can try using only one DIMM for each CPU at first, inserted in one of the blue slots farthest from the CPU socket. Or two DIMMs, again in the blue sockets farthest from the CPU.

The POST codes shown, which sequence through each CPU and memory set, were memory errors, but that was with the G.SKILL memory.

jannekalle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannekalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:41pm
Yes, both CPUs connected. Yes, the power for the CPUs is thru CPU cable.

I have two 2x16GB Kingston memory.

I tried multiple times with the Kingston (one memory in slot A1 other in every blue slot) as well... no video, same Debug codes....

I took my PC to service so that they can check all the parts...

I'll let you guys know ASAP...

Edited by jannekalle - 27 Sep 2016 at 2:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannekalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 4:30pm
Hi!
This sounds pretty weird but here's what happened.
I took my PC to service, the guy tried to get it work (no video thru onboard VGA)... When he was about give up he installed a graphics card (not mine) to a PCI-E slot he got POST.

I got home and installed my graphics cards (2xgtx980ti). The machine started to cry again.
Seems like the other GPU is broken. I don't know if it can affect the Mobo but when I only install that GPU and boot I hear bunch of beeps from the motherboard.

Booting after that using only onboard VGA nothing happens just error codes.

With the other GPU everything worked fine.

I hope you understood something that I wrote :D This case ws so weird. And we did not even touch the Memory (Kingston).

Thanks again guys for your help!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 5:53pm
So one of the GPUs is dead?

So the system works with the other GPU installed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannekalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 9:00pm
Yes. Everything seems to be working perfectly now.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 10:09pm
Note to self: Always troubleshoot with the bare minimum installed. Smile
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by jannekalle jannekalle wrote:

My build won't start to BIOS (no video).
I've tried with two types of memory and monitor is plugged to the VGA output of Mobo... 

Here's a link to Dr. Debug https://youtu.be/onykSkCwdPg

I've got nothing connected besides 2 x CPU (Xeon-e5 2670 v1).

Could it be the Mobo or the PSU or have I just forgotten something important?! CryTongue

Thanks in advance!

EP2C602-4L/D16

2 x XEON e5 2670v1
Corsair RM1000x (PSU)

NM the two SLI'd GTX 980ti's LOLWink

Us Mods must get better at asking for system specs at time of troubleshooting/diagnosing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannekalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 3:45am
Now I have my build running 2xgtx980ti and 64GB RAM and it's smooooooth ;)

Thanks again to all of you!!!

You guys rock!!!
AtticusLake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtticusLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:05pm
Hi, just to add my experience to this:

I built a system with the same MB, two HyperX FURY 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz, and a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB PCI-E GPU (just to get an HDMI port).

When I powered the system up, I got nothing at all except a green LED on the MB just below the power connector, and another flashing by the PCI slots -- no fans, nothing on either video out.

Removing the GPU made the MB power up normally, and I was able to run it via the VGA output.  I tried this several times while messing with the PCI settings in BIOS (e.g. changing the PCI version to 3, and back to 2), and it was totally consistent -- GPU in, dead as a doornail; GPU out, worked fine.

I rushed out to PC World and got an Asus GT710 GPU, and it works fine.  So I guess this MB isn't compatible with some GPUs.  Ouch.

My next problem was random crash / reboots, which was apparently due to Windows 10 -- it seems it's not compatible.  I'm now running Linux which is fine.  I've heard Windows 7 works fine too.

All the best!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic