ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+ No POST, No beeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+ No POST, No beeps
    Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:31pm
Hi, my pc was working fine until I awoke this morning to it totally frozen and unresponsive with no other option I held down the power button and powered down but now when i power it up It does nothing apart from light up and spin fans and the only way it will power off again is to hold down the power button. Ive tried resetting the Bios by removing the Cmos battery for over 30 secs and also tried with the jumper too but still no change, no start up screen and no beeps even with just my cpu connected I still don't get any beeps, I have a speaker connected to my mobo and it has beeped many times before when hardware was missing etc so i'm at a loss as to what to try next, Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance
ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+
CPU: FX4100 3.6ghz
GPU: HD7850 2gb
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4gb 1333mhz
fuse01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:13pm
*970 Extreme 3 AM3+
ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 1:17am
The most common cause of this kind of problem is the power supply, thats where I would start looking. If you have a spare PSU see if it will power up the system.
fuse01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 12:50am
I literally just installed a brand new 520w PSU so im sure that's not the cause
ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+
fuse01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 12:59am
it' just a nightmare one second it's posting next it's doing nothing, the furthest i got with it was it gettting to the initial ASRock start up screen but then it's stuck on that screen and hasnt detected the keyboard so can't get into bios or boot congfig then next second it's not even posting or beeping with out any changes made, driving me crazy, the problem is so temperamental that it's seems impossible to find the cause unless it's the mobo, im sat here at the moment just using that whole rig to power my gpu that is in my back up pre-built pc as that doesn't have the power for it
ASRock Extreme 3 AM3+
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:26am
Without looking at what you have,  remove all memory but leave one stick, does it have a IGPU, you know onboard graphics,  try it, you want to remove all, and only try and run one stick memory and one port or card for graphics.

Sorry, you don't have IGPU,  do you have another card, reseat GPU and check pins.

Like you were building it new.  Now when you do this, remove the 8pin CPU power and the 20 24 pin, check the pins for overheating and check the board for any signs of overheated  plastic. 

You want to see if you can enter BIOS and default it all out and then reset it, then adding componets back to look at which one causes the issue.

Also,  Xaltar is correct.  I just talked to someone who spent 400.00 on one of the top corsair 1200w PSU and it went bad in a day. 

If you look at PSU MFG's, they have DOA, died, all the time.  

I have tested PSU's that show correct voltage on each rail  but when asked to supply they couldn't. Drawing power. 

Motherboards are not infallible,  but we hope your board is ok.

I'm sure you know to remove the charge from the PSU and motherboard  before you do anything,  but we should say it to make sure.

Edited by odiebugs - 20 Jul 2015 at 3:41am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic