ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N3000 with multiple problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allthunbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N3000 with multiple problems
    Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 7:57pm
Ok, I gave my wife an N3000 last year for christmas. she never used it. I've inherited it.

this is the most frustrating computer I've ever used.

I have two Acer x223w and an H233H monitors tied to an old box. I switched them over to the N3000 and only the H233H works. the NUC won't talk to (as in no signal) to either of the x223w monitors.

I set the bios to wake on USB  keyboard and USB mouse. Neither work --- period

You would think that 1 year later ASRock might have the problems resolved. I was looking at putting in a more powerful NUC but given the current state of affairs, I think I'll wait until the NUC industry gets HDMI squared away.

I've also heard that DisplayPort is problematic as well. Any confirmation of this?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by allthunbs allthunbs wrote:

Ok, I gave my wife an N3000 last year for christmas. she never used it. I've inherited it.

this is the most frustrating computer I've ever used.

I have two Acer x223w and an H233H monitors tied to an old box. I switched them over to the N3000 and only the H233H works. the NUC won't talk to (as in no signal) to either of the x223w monitors.

I set the bios to wake on USB  keyboard and USB mouse. Neither work --- period

You would think that 1 year later ASRock might have the problems resolved. I was looking at putting in a more powerful NUC but given the current state of affairs, I think I'll wait until the NUC industry gets HDMI squared away.

I've also heard that DisplayPort is problematic as well. Any confirmation of this?

The Intel NUC PCs have had various issues in general since their release. Intel has released UEFI/BIOS updates to deal with them, but are they all fixed? I can't speak to that personally.

What UEFI/BIOS version are you using? The latest version is from April, 2016.

Very little specific information provided in your post. Such as, what types of connections are you using for your monitors? Seems to be HDMI?

Specific N3000 model you have? N3000 NUC, or H3000 NUC Barebone?

No idea what OS you are using.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic