ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Management Engine Failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:57am
That second error looks like RuntimeBroker... which I don't think needs to run at all (metro apps?).
EpsilonZero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:00am
...and a second error (different FWSTS1 by one digit.. maybe due to me trying a different ME version from the other error)

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000042, FWSTS1: 0x66002106).
Roktuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roktuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:13pm
This just happened to me out of the blue, I have a Fatal1ty X99X Killer bios 3.10, haven't updated anything recently. Reboot took abnormally long, event viewer gave me this "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware"

I tried uninstalling, re-installing management engine, not fixed. New version of ME, not fixed. Tried letting windows update get it, not fixed. I tried re-flashing bios v3.10, not fixed. Tried re-flashing previous bios v1.90, FIXED!!! Went back and re-flashed back to v3.10, still FIXED!!!

It's only been a couple of hours, but all seems well. I hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to say that I tried a previous restore point as well with no success. Win10. Just to be thorough.

Edited by Roktuk - 03 Dec 2016 at 10:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:41pm
I just tried downgrading to BIOS 1.10... ME still broken.  Upgrade back to 1.40... ME still broken.  Do you have Broadwell-E too?
Roktuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roktuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:50pm
5820k Haswell-E, If your board has A B bios, maybe try switching, that was gonna be my next step as I've never flashed the B bios. I don't really think this has to do with the software though because for me just posting was slow, somehow the bios got corrupted? I don't know.

Edited by Roktuk - 03 Dec 2016 at 9:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 3:04am
Switched to BIOS B and just installed a brand new power supply at the same time.  Still broken...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonZero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:34pm
I suppose we're out of ideas, then.  Broken hardware?
UnsungPatriot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnsungPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 1:18pm
Been having this problem from the very beginning of building this system. Also having occasional BSODs, not sure if related or not. Leaning towards more and more that it could be. 

This is what I see in the windows event logger:

Event ID: 3
Source: MEIx64
Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x1E000042, FWSTS1: 0x60002106).

In Device Manager:
This device cannot start (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

(When I look at events Tab in device manager)
 Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3A&SUBSYS_8D3A1849&REV_05\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem93.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC000009E

More info:
Current Intel Management Engine installed on my system Driver Version: 11.6.0.1015

Tried fresh install of Windows 10 Education 3 times, re-flashed the Bios to latest listed on Asrock X99 Fatal1ty support page, uninstalling IME drivers and reinstalling multiple times,  the drivers that are on the support website for X99 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7 version 11.0.4., as well as the general drivers from Intel website that are version 11.0.6. I'm searched through multiple website forums to find an answer for this and nobody can seem to figure it out. I still have had the same exclamation mark showing in device manager for the Intel Management Engine Interface.

I am at a loss as well unfortunately.

stereo55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stereo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:40am
Just ran across this thread by googling the/my same problem .

In Device Manager:

Just noticed the above problem when looking for a reason or cause of my slow boot up's .

Running : Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1~ orginal bios 1.20 / 5930k / Samsung Evo 256gig / Windows 10

Tried everything like others thus far,  but not a bios change/update (reluctant as I did not care for the newer bios's Ive tried in the past) .

Will do a bios update and report back . 

Edited by stereo55 - 05 Apr 2017 at 6:44am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by stereo55 stereo55 wrote:

Just ran across this thread by googling the/my same problem .

In Device Manager:

Just noticed the above problem when looking for a reason or cause of my slow boot up's .

Running : Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1~ orginal bios 1.20 / 5930k / Samsung Evo 256gig / Windows 10

Tried everything like others thus far,  but not a bios change/update (reluctant as I did not care for the newer bios's Ive tried in the past) .

Will do a bios update and report back . 

I have many ASRock Intel chipset boards, including an X99 board, and I have never had a failure of the IME software. Frankly I'm fascinated by this issue, since it seems so odd IMO, and I've never experienced it myself.

I assume that is the problem you have, although you did not say so specifically. Or is that another device?

Did you install the basic drivers for your board? The INF driver ver:10.1.2.10 installer should be run first after any Windows installation, followed by the Intel IME software, the Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.0.4.1186. Both are available on your board's download page (sorry for the text link, the forum's link tool fails with some URLs):

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20OC%20Formula3.1/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

You did not like the newer BIOS updates for your board? Curious, as I always use the latest UEFI/BIOS updates, including those for my X99 Extreme6/3.1 board. If you do install any UEFI version from 3.20 or newer, from your current 1.20 version, you should also run the two installation programs I listed above, in the order described.

It seems that some of the UEFI versions that may have been available in the past for your board were removed. While not listed in the descriptions, the IME firmware, which is part of the UEFI/BIOS file, has been updated in the 3.20 or the previous version. The IME firmware is not updated in every UEFI version, so if you go back to an earlier UEFI version after installing a version that updates the IME firmware, that could cause strange behavior.

The IME software is not related to your "slow boot up's". In this case we must be more specific about the PC's start up sequence, which includes the POST process, and then the actual loading and running of the OS.

If you had a POST beep speaker connected to the board, and the POST beep option enabled in the UEFI/BIOS, you could tell how long the POST process takes, and then how long it takes to boot Windows 10.

X99 boards are notorious for their long POST time, for several reasons. X99 boards are the most complex of any PC chipset board. They normally have quad channel memory, eight memory slots, twice that of other boards. More PCIe lanes (40 vs 16) and more PCIe slots. Ten Intel SATA ports instead of six. All of  these things are checked during POST. Plus the X99 chipset is related to Intel's enterprise chipsets, which value stability and integrity over saving time during POST.

The other hardware connected to your board affects POST time. HDDs slow down post time, and connected USB devices are slow wake up. The more drives, video cards, etc, connected to the board,  the longer POST will be.

The fastest starting PC I have is my little DeskMini 110W, with a dual core i3 CPU and two SSDs, using integrated graphics.. A very simple platform takes no time to complete POST. You did not describe all your hardware, so it is difficult to comment further. But X99 boards will never be among those that can complete POST quickly.

If you value a fast startup, an X99 system is not for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic