ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

J3455-ITX does not boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robw47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
I have bought this MB half december 2016.
The case is a MS-Tech CI100.
Installed W10.
I have build in a 80mm casefan, because the case is very small.

In the beginning of March I got the first problem.
After turning on, W10 won't start because the date and time were back to the default of jan 2009.
So I have to modify date and time in the bios.
The Cmos battery was 3V!
I had this a couple of times.
2 weeks ago, suddenly I could not use my keyboard and mouse during my session, both PS2 connect.
And after the reboot, nothing at all.
The power led burns 1 sec and that's all.
MB out of the case, tested with another PSU, the same problem.
Last week I have sent the MB the my supplier and he has sent it to Asrock Europe.
Now still waiting what is happening, a repair, I can't imagine that.

Meanwhile I am very curious if my problem is also the problem of/by others.
And may be, this is so, I will follow this post !!

Still a question about the CPU State support.
I read : Set this not lower than C7 as an initial test, and if that fails, use C6.
But for me, C6 is lower than C7, mathematical.
And yes, the manual shows C10 as default.

Rob Willemsen
Amsterdam
Holland
efcee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efcee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:51pm
Im in the same situation.
At first the system would only sometimes boot, only bios.
i send it back to the shop, and they send it back commenting that there is no problem. (they updated the bios)

i received it back, and could succesfully install the os, and used it for 2 weeks.
yesterday i rebooted the system and it would not boot anymore, sometimes only bios.

i used 3 types of memory, both 2 sticks or 1.
i used 3 types of psu, 2 normal and 1 picopsu.
using a ssd as storage.

i will try the suggest fix of parsec, connecting a 12v fan to a molex connector.
anyone has a different solution?

astral7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astral7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 5:07pm
did you try to install new version of bios. I had similar problem and it has helped me.

Edited by astral7 - 09 Mar 2018 at 9:24pm
x893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 2:44am
Hi,
i upgrade to version 1.50 and all works fine. After upgrade to version 1.60 computer not start (display black) and no any reaction for F2/DEL. How can i back to 1.50 BIOS ?

Thanks

P.S. May be ASROCK can helps ?
jmoondog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoondog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:28am
I have the same problem I have used 3 different power supply, that all work on other systems, 2 different rams (2 different sets of 4g 1066) I have used one stick and both stick in either slot. Tried running through the vga slot or the hdmi slot. I have tried running with simple hookups and full hookups, sdd, and hdd drives, and even no hard drives. I cant even get a bios beep, just black screens. As far as I can tell there is no motherboard led. I even bought a second motherboard thinking the first one was doa, and the same situation there.
I was looking for a simple pop some memory in, and it would work setup. I know I am missing something simple but am at a loss.

jmoondog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoondog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:50am
think I found my problem I have been using 1066 ram not 1600 ram. I just noticed.. grr will get back if that is it.
x893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:54am
Hi,
i resolve this issue with next steps:
1. order IS25WP064A-JBLE
2. make simple voltage shifter from 3.3V to 1.8V
3. program previous flash image
4. desoldering onboard flash and soldering new flash.

Good luck
skipx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
I bought two J3455-ITX boards. Both started out with problems. One just came back from repair and one has been send to repair. Maybe production problems? Hopefully the repaired one doesn't get in problems again..
ziglog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziglog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 12:43pm
I have a same problem with the same motherboard, how did you solve this problem at the end?
ziglog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziglog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by ziglog ziglog wrote:

@sndlnk
I have a same problem with the same motherboard, i bought it 3 years ago and i didn't put out it from its box, so i didn't check it until now, because, from 1994, , i set up over 100 times, the desktop computers; i hasn't been coincided with an insoluble problem with the motherboards until now . How did you solve this problem at the end?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic