ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99E ITX/AC and Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foosking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 12:40am
I dont see any Mushkin listed on the ram compatibility chart. Also there is only 1 listing for an 8Gb single slot ram module Crucial BLS8G4D240FSA which makes it the only one to do 16Gb. Am I reading that correctly?

Mushkin 997205F Redline 16GB (2x8GB) 288Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3000 PC4-24000

will that work?

Bifurication wont work with my setup.  Thanks for the info.

Edited by Foosking - 10 Jul 2015 at 12:54am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 1:03am
Welcome to board.

Please post model, which motherboard you have so someone can help better. Thank you. 

I know only new X99 have DDR4, but still nice to know when you talk PCI-E config.

Edited by odiebugs - 10 Jul 2015 at 1:13am
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 1:12am
To answer in the 2400MHz, no, there are more than one 16g, and even more throughout the 2100 - 2800 range.   2666MHz has a lot of 4X4 - 16g. 

If you post here because of the model is same ok.  But we not know for sure.

So it not get confusing, you better off make new post, so you know in future.  

Edited by odiebugs - 10 Jul 2015 at 1:17am
asrocking
Foosking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foosking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 12:47pm
In my first post I said I am building a similar system meaning this motherboard and SM951 ssd in the title. I am looking for compatible ram 16gb 3000-3200  2x8gb since this only has 2 ram slots. I want 32gb but cant find any that's non-ecc.
JoeMamma!! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMamma!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:18am
Hi Xaltar,

I had a bad memory module. Soon as I put in a replacement it showed up.

On to the next issue though. Got Windows up and running. The Broadcom Wifi 802.11 ac drivers installed and I was connecting to my WiFi router. I think after some Windows updates or possibly an update I initiated manually, the Broadcom Wifi stopped working. Under device manager the wifi adapter showed up but had that yellow triangle with an error message (Code 10). I went through basic troubleshooting and eventually tried uninstalling the adapter in device manager and tried letting Windows reinstall the drivers. That didn't work so I uninstalled the adapter and deleted the drivers as well so I could reinstall them from scratch. That didnt work either. I also popped in a different wifi network adapter and there was no difference. 

As it stands right now under Device Manager/Network Adapters  it just shows "Network Controller" as if it is waiting for the correct driver. I have tried several times to re install the drivers for the wifi adapter, but it just stays stuck at "Host Controller"

Maybe there should be another post for x99E ITX/AC Windows PC Builds 

Edited by JoeMamma!! - 11 Jul 2015 at 7:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic