ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

1866 ram games crashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1866 ram games crashes
    Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 12:25am
i tried everything increase or decrease voltages , mb 970a g/3.1 my ram is kingston hyperx 16gb 2 kits, i found only stable 225 fsb with 1800 mhz ram, 4.5ghz cpu stable but sometimes pc wont post it says overclock failed, i dont know whats going on , is my mb faulty?

Edited by Tader - 16 Dec 2016 at 12:28am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:16am
1. Reset you BIOS to UEFI Defaults, the Save and Exit, going right back into the BIOS after it reboots.
2. Find CPU/NB Voltage in the BIOS(you'll need to Enable Muti And Voltage Control to see this) and and +0.05v to it
3. Still in the BIOS change mem to XMP Profile #x, then Save and Exit, letting it reboot into the BIOS or OS

Reply back the results please.

Oh! if I read your post right you have two 16GB(2x8GB) kits? They must be identical kits for if not they won't work, period.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:17am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

2. Find CPU/NB Voltage in the BIOS(you'll need to Enable Muti And Voltage Control to see this) and and +0.05v to it

That is CPU/NB Voltage.

NOT NB Voltage.

Big diff there. CPU/NB Voltage
Tader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 3:02am
i oc  cpunb even to 2600mhz with 1.4v still crashes, ram kits are identical
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 9:25pm
So that we can have a better understanding in order to assist you, please list the components that comprise your computer, using make and full model numbers. Include the PSU's age also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic