ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock's Motherboards Are Windows® 10 Compatible
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock's Motherboards Are Windows® 10 Compatible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by KT12121 KT12121 wrote:

What about for those of us on Z68? What should we be doing?

Windows 10 should install and work fine with its native drivers and software on any PC hardware that is able to run Windows 7. I say should because I'm not Microsoft and don't provide support for them either. Cool

My point is based on the fact that MS is offering Win 10 as a free update on any PC that is running Windows 7/8/8.1. Imagine all the older hardware that is running Win 7 since it was introduced. Your Z68 board is more modern than a lot of PC hardware still in use.

If the thought of generic Win 10 drivers (which may be newer than some you are using now... just sayin') is distasteful to you (I understand), then you can do your own driver harvesting. You can use ASRock's download pages for any newer Intel boards, or Intel's download source.

But you are referring to the situation where the INF installation Readme does not include your board's chipset, or the drivers you might find, correct?

Don't forget that any drivers or system software you install will be replacing the Win 10 driver or system software that was already installed to make your PC function. If you cannot replace something with a non-MS sourced driver or software, the PC will still work.

You can also get drivers, etc, via Windows Update, which become available as time passes. Or you can use Windows 8/8.1 drivers that many people like myself have used with the Win 10 Technical Preview releases. I'm sure at least some Windows 7 drivers will work the Windows 10 too.

My only concern would be if you have your board's BIOS/UEFI update(s) for Windows 8. In your case that is the one Beta BIOS/UEFI available on your board's download page.

What BIOS and OS are you using now?
KT12121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KT12121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:43pm
I'm currently on Win 7 64 bit w/ SP1.

As far as the BIOS version, I don't have the exact version number in front of me as I'm on the road, but I do remember updating BIOS about a year ago just before I overclocked per this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition .

I think I remember seeing the dehumidifier function in BIOS, so perhaps 2.20?

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by KT12121 - 30 Jul 2015 at 5:46pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:54pm
ASRock has ten Z68 boards that I can find, so we need to narrow it down better than a "Z68" board before we can determine where you are at with the BIOS version. Meaning the exact model number.

Also, the CPU you are using would be nice to know.
KT12121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KT12121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 2:20am
Sure thing. Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen 3 with a 2500k OC'd to 4.3

Sorry, I was replying to this post at around 0300 local, brain isn't quite up to snuff at those times lol
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:22am
Ok, good, assuming you have BIOS/UEFI 2.20 which has the Windows 8 update normally seen for ASRock boards, you should be fine for Windows 10.

There is a Beta BIOS/UEFI, version L2.23A, in the Beta Zone on your board's download page that has additional Win 8 updates. Don't be afraid to apply a Beta BIOS/UEFI update on your board from ASRock, I've used their Beta versions several times and never had any problems. That is, in contrast to another mother board manufacture whose Beta BIOS updates tend to add or fix one thing and remove or break other things... Ermm

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z68%20Professional%20Gen3/?cat=Beta

The BIOS/UEFI update is NOT needed for Windows 8 or 10 to work in general, but for certain features to work correctly. I recommend that this BIOS/UEFI update be applied on your board regardless.

Just do what I wrote above, try drivers, etc, provided for other Intel chipset mother boards. Some of the new Intel driver installation programs will check the chipset generation on the board, and stop the installation if it decides the chipset is not compatible. The range of "incompatible" chipsets tends to be artificially large, some are not included seemingly arbitrarily due to Intel's hyper-conservative nature, or to motivate us to update our PCs. In other cases older chipsets like the pre-PCH North and Southbridge chipset types can be incompatible with new features. Your Z68 board is a single chipset PCH type. Just an FYI in case a driver installation you try does not complete.
stevegbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevegbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:57pm
Hey everyone,
I want to ask if older motherboards will get their driver pages updated with drivers for win10. I really want to install win10 but at the moment aside from gpu drivers i cant find any other driver for my motherboard.
I'm using an A55M-HVS. I tried looking http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A55M-HVS/?cat=Download for drivers but there are none. I saw most of you guys recommend using win8 drivers but a few of my friends told me that LAN drivers for win8 dont work on win10... and they all had to go back to either win7 or win8. So.. I know that my motherboard is old but .. any chance i'll get win10 drivers for it soon enough? :)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 4:08pm
So far I don't see any Win 10 drivers on your board's download page yet.

Newer AMD boards are now getting Windows 10 drivers, which might be compatible with your board's chipset.

I'm referring to the AMD "All in one" driver, version 15.20.1060, which I am seeing included with AMD boards with the 990 chipset, 970, and all of the FM2 boards.

The Realtek RTL8111E network chip is used in many ASRock boards. there must be a Win 8.1 driver for that chip that can be used with Win 10 until Realtek provides a Win 10 driver.
aweir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aweir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 1:51am
Originally posted by odiebugs odiebugs wrote:

The Windows 10 builds 10162, 10166,   and the first run candidate  RTM of windows 10, 10176. 

ASrock won't need drivers for. 

9 series chipset, even though we have win 10 INF's. 

The  Intel 4600 IGPU, even though Intel has Beta drivers out.

The Intel i218-v network, even though Intel has win 10 listed drivers out. 

Asmedia 3.0 USB, ASM1042AE.

All Realtek HD audio codecs,  and realtek  has win 10 drivers out.

All 13 and 14 series RST,  ROM's and drivers.

Just pointing out that the windows native drivers work and the windows 8.1 drivers have worked with no problems and no performance issues with above hardware. 

Except Realtek, some people have reported problems with the native win 10 drivers to the insider program. 

Newer hardware seems to be putting out win 10 drivers to make sure when it's released people can see win 10 drivers.

Also a note, Nvidia has win 10 drivers out for the GTX, 6,7,9 series. Which are WHQL.

Over 5 million people are running the win 10 insider preview,  so this will not be like win 8, where we had massive problems and needed a BIOS / UEFI update and needed a lot of hardware drivers made for 8.

So I hope this can let a few people relax if you were worried. 

A big thanks to Parsec for the post and always going above and beyond the call to help people.

Insiders  might see TH1 builds  and not FBl impressive soon.

*** Added note, I have been running Nvidia 353.49,  but Nvidia must have given Windows a 353.50, as this just showed up in windows update for my 10166 build. 

I have a Z97 Extreme4 motherboard, and there will be no Asmedia driver released? Even the Windows 8.1 download section lists the Asmedia  driver. I just wanted to make absolutely sure, since I am holding off my Windows 10 update until all relevant drivers for Windows 10 are released on AsRock's download page.

Edited by aweir - 07 Aug 2015 at 1:54am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 4:38pm
                                               ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

For anyone looking for Windows 10 Driver and UEFI/BIOS updates, ASRock has posted a web page with their current list of AMD and Intel mother boards that have been updated for Windows 10.

Find that page here: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win10/

Piddeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Piddeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 1:51am
Asrock 970M Pro3 supports Win 10, I use it right now. Plug n play. 
My PC. http://i.imgur.com/x6wZmmz.png
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic