ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)J4205-ITX HDMI output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:51am
Finaly I have the same problem as described from Vincenth and the same solution: send back the board and sadly change it with another one.
W1ll8m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W1ll8m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:26am
Finally a small succes. I like the board for its performance so was deperate to keep it. I bought a dvi to hdmi cable and this works on my Samsung 4k television. So i guess the problem is a combination from the onboard Megachip converter and my tv. A shame that 4k on 60hz is an illusion for now because the dvi only does 4k@30hz.
H8me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:57pm
Hi guys,
I have the same problem. I have no-signal when I want to turn on this devices when HTPC is already running. I tried connect TV and also AV receiver via HDMI and no signal :( I have J4205-ITX motherboard, Harman/Kardon AVR255 and Samsung UE46ES5500.

Martin
Ful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 6:36pm
Same problem here:
Motherboard: J4205-ITX
AV receiver: Denon AVR-3808
TV: Samsung 46F7000 (1080p)

Post Bios boot: ok
Loading windows 10: ok
Windows 10 login screen: no signal video

No change if I connect directly to TV or I change HDMI cable
And this only if I use HDMI output, while if I connect to DVI output it works properly

I've temporarily fixed the problem in this way:

1. Turn off the system
2. Unplug power cable
3. Wait 15-20 sec
4. Reset Bios by jumper on motherboard (not via software within the bios menu).
To do this change the bios reset jumper CLRMOS1 in position 2-3 and wait 5-10 seconds; after put it in position 1-2 again
5. Plug power cable
6. Turn on the system

Before enter in the setup bios wait for a complete boot and windows loading to see if the login screen appear on monitor/TV .
In my case for example when I've turned-on the wake-up option by USB keyboard the problem it's come back again and I've to repeat the procedure again.

A workaround could be to bypass the login screen of windows 10. In fact, at least in my case,  the lost signal is only in that screen. If I login after desktop is loaded the screen come back online again.
To do this you can use the command line "control userpasswords2" to setup an automatic login.

However, this  is at 100% a bios problem and I hope that ASRock will fix it very soon.
I hope that this post could be useful, and sorry for my bad English 
vienna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vienna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:16pm
[URL=][/URL]@Ful
Does it mean that WOL (activation per wlan, lan, app form phone, etc) is not working properly too, as you reported about wake-up troubles due to usb devices?
Hdmi main slot out will not get a handshake after wake up from hibenration state?
It is a bad news for me, I am still not completelly convinced about performance of this MB, thinking about getting one of them for my HTPC.
Did you try to install w7, or/and ubuntu 16.04 too?
Many thanks and best regards from Vienna

Edited by vienna - 30 Jan 2017 at 4:17pm
Ful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 1:10am
@vienna
Officially the only OS supported by ASRock for this motherboard is Windows 10 64bit
I've installed only Windows 10 and I don't know if there are drivers for Windows 7 or Linux Distro.

In my case as I wrote, the problem about the lost signal on windows 10 login, come back if I enable USB Keyboard wake on line, but I repeat: in my case.
I've fixed it with the hardware reset procedure, and now works properly, but I don't use wakeup function.

The performances of this product in my opinion are not in the j4205 itself but in the HD 505  that can play video HEVC 10bit in 4k resolution.
Otherwise, you can always buy a motherboard mini-itx, and a CPU but it is much more expensive (always if you need hardware decoding for 4k).

Edited by Ful - 01 Feb 2017 at 1:12am
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 6:11am
Originally posted by vincenth vincenth wrote:

I recently bought a J4205 ITX that I use connected to a 4K samsung TV with the HDMI output. 
In order to make it work I have to :
1- disconnect the HDMI cable from the motherboard
2- boot the computer - I wait enough to be sure that that windows 10 is at the login screen
3- start the TV
4- connect the HDMI cable.

Hi, I have the J3455-ITX and was surprised about the invisible HDMI W10 boot too.
What works for me is turning on the TV as late a possible, at the login screen or just after. Confused
I've never had to disconnect the HDMI cable.
Hope ASRock can fix this...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 1:19pm
Curios question to you all here.

How many have HDMI-CEC enabled on your televisions to accommodate, say, a stand alone BD player, being able to turn the screen on via CEC w/o interaction by you having to manually turn the screen on?
9000h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9000h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:08pm
Hi,

I did use HDMI-CEC since years, and up to now I use the Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC Adapter, but it would be great to have a driver for the MegaChips lspcon and get CEC without any additional hardware.

CU
9000h
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by 9000h 9000h wrote:

Hi,

I did use HDMI-CEC since years, and up to now I use the Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC Adapter, but it would be great to have a driver for the MegaChips lspcon and get CEC without any additional hardware.

CU
9000h

Well yea. But until Intel supports CEC I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting on any support for CEC out of LSPCON. Or at least I don't believe it can be made too anyways.

I'm more interested in who has HDMI-CEC enabled on their screens. As it's a universal/blanket issue/reply command and cannot be selectively "directed' by the screens input port, ie: all ports or no ports, on or off, if this might be partly at issue here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic