ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpu support for z97m Formular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:18am
odiebugs

It aint working probely, there are no setup for intergrated graphic, and yes they say that in the year of 2014 ( bios is that added support are from there ) there is support, the problem is, the broadwell was delayed till 2015, and atm alot of board makers er making a probely support for those cpu's i myself have a i7 5775c rigth next to me, and after updates and so on i can tell you that there is not the correct support.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:26am
Originally posted by balotus balotus wrote:

odiebugs

It aint working probely, there are no setup for intergrated graphic, and yes they say that in the year of 2014 ( bios is that added support are from there ) there is support, the problem is, the broadwell was delayed till 2015, and atm alot of board makers er making a probely support for those cpu's i myself have a i7 5775c rigth next to me, and after updates and so on i can tell you that there is not the correct support.

Lets hope you have a quick response from ASrock with a new BIOS.  I would think you still have the IGPU settings, but with a CPU with no IGPU they would just not be highlighted and you couldn't make changes.

*** Yes I do see now that several MFG have had to reimplement  the code and most say to use only 10.18.14.4206 and later driver. 

Edited by odiebugs - 17 Jul 2015 at 8:15am
asrocking
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 1:19pm
Ye, i also hope for that, yes the IGPU option should work, but aint, so now i can only wait =)
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:56pm
Greetings, This is ASRock Technical Department.

Please download the Broadwell supported BIOS P2.30 as below link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By6uXQzKtvmrRFd4d2F6Yk53NDg/view?usp=sharing
Then use Instant Flash function in BIOS to update the BIOS.
Instant Flash : http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=BIOS8

We will update the BIOS to the website as soon.

Thank you for your patience.

If any, please feel free to contact us!

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 8:40pm
Thanks alot =) ill check the bios out and will report back Cool
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:03pm
Im back from testing.

It dosent work. no sign of a IGPU what so ever. I tried 3 different screen, all in the HDMI, DVI, And the normal, northing. and ive looked in all the option in bios, you can not chose to boot with a IGPU.

The Iris pro 6200 is not to be seen in your bios update. And with dx 12 soon to be release some game companies are going to use a IGPU with the rest of the system.

Cheers

Kim
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:30pm
After a bios update it is always advisable to boot at least once then clear cmos. Have you tried setting share memory to a value other than auto? 

Edited by Xaltar - 17 Jul 2015 at 10:30pm
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:15am
Hey Xaltar

I did that. There are zero options what so ever for doing anything with a IGPU, Its like the bios dosent know that there is one. Im going to post the direct link to the cpu.

http://ark.intel.com/products/88040/Intel-Core-i7-5775C-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

Thats the one i have. Also the P2.30 bios is reporting the max is 3.3ghz, its 3.7ghz with boost. also the 5775c have a L4 128 mb chache

When you reset the bios, all the fans in the pc is going up and down in speed all the time. that is fixed when you go into the pcheatlh option and set the fans op yourself.

But in the end, if asrock can make it work really well they have fixed all of the Z97 chipset motherboards they have made to use Broadwell cpu's. Its not only me having truble with the z97m oc formula. its every one buying the same cpu across there Z97 products.

Cheers

Kim

Edited by balotus - 18 Jul 2015 at 12:55am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:22am
If you go to the Advanced > Chipset Configuration screen in the UEFI, there should be an option called Primary Graphics Adapter. Setting that to Onboard is how the iGPU is selected. That setting exists for any Intel processor with onboard graphics.

If the new UEFI that ASRock provided for you does not have the Onboard setting, then there is a problem with that UEFI version.

Besides the Primary Graphics Adapter option, in the OC Tweaker screen, there should be several options such as GT Frequency, GT Voltage Mode, and a few others that have GT in their name. Those are the options for the integrated graphics.

Again, if the new UEFI that ASRock provided for you does not have those options, then there is a problem with that UEFI version. But IMO I would be surprised if these options and settings were missing. The only thing I can think of that could cause that would be a missing update for the VBIOS for the integrated graphics.

Edited by parsec - 18 Jul 2015 at 1:23am
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:14am
hey parsec

yes there should be but no such options. thats the main problem. no option for IGPU what so ever. and no option that would indicate that i have a 5775c other that the nameing.

Cheers

Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic