ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpu support for z97m Formular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:12am
Hey odiebugs

Ive added more pictures.

Cheers

Kim
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:39am
I've been through the pictures. The Chipset Configuration, Primary Graphics Adapter does look wrong, only PCI Express as a setting. That is one of the screens, options, and setting I wanted to see. That is 50% of the proof of your situation, and is clearly enough to make your case IMO. If you cannot select the iGPU, how can you use it?

But as odiebugs said, more options in the OC Tweaker screen will wrap it all up for us. The iGPU voltage settings are farther down in the OC Tweaker screen, I'm only seeing one part of that screen, the upper portion only. That is after you said you posted more pictures.

The Advanced, CPU Configuration screen does not have any iGPU options, at least not on my Z97 Extreme6 board.

Sorry to be picky, as I said IMO you have made your case that something is wrong. You showed the Main UEFI screen, with your CPU and UEFI version information, which confirms that fine.

Please understand this is the first case in this forum of this happening with a Broadwell processor. Actually, this is the only thread related to a Broadwell processor that I can recall.

Are the DMI and PCI Express De-emphasis options on the default settings?
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:42am
Thanks Kim.

Just one more please, the OC Tweak, like I said in last post, so we can see if GT settings are there. 

As far as settings they are there for what you posted, but the onboard is missing under primary, which is a secondary SUB setting.

I think the IGPU on the CPU is bad and the UEFI doesn't see it. 

But wait, others are more knowledgeable.

That was fast Parsec, yes I agree, this is a once in a lifetime problem. 

Sorry Kim, I didn't see Parsec post asking for what I did, don't mean to keep asking.

The IGPU mains under chipset and share mem are missing, sorry I see that now after double checking.

Some settings can be missing when the main options aren't available, have seen it, but I can't test it with this scenario.  Some should be grayed like you said,  so you'll need to wait and see if another UEFI update corrects it.  Just hoping it's your CPU.  Wink Hate to think it's the board.

Edited by odiebugs - 19 Jul 2015 at 6:20am
asrocking
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:48am
Hey parsec

There is northing what so ever about a IGPU, not grayed out as in normal setup, As ive been saying, its like the motherboard dosen't know there is a IGPU. I use a discrete grahic card to take the pictures, but even then there should be a option for it, and to say, ive never seen something like this, never, and ive been playing a long time with pc, servers ect, both as a hoppy and as work.

Cheers

Kim
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 7:22am
Hey odiebugs

Yes, there is northing we can do atm then wait and see if there is coming a update again, but its weekend and people aint working on a bios when they can spend time with the family =) so have to see whats going to happen monday, i have some other motherboards coming in to test, then i just have to see if they can handle they cpu.

Cheers

Kim
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by balotus balotus wrote:

Hey parsec

There is northing what so ever about a IGPU, not grayed out as in normal setup, As ive been saying, its like the motherboard dosen't know there is a IGPU. I use a discrete grahic card to take the pictures, but even then there should be a option for it, and to say, ive never seen something like this, never, and ive been playing a long time with pc, servers ect, both as a hoppy and as work.

Cheers

Kim

I believe you, and yes it does seem as if the iGPU is not working. I've never used a Haswell processor that did not have an iGPU, so I don't know what the UEFI screens would look like in that situation.

Before anything else in this post, try this:

In the Chipset Configuration screen, find the IGPU Multi-Monitor option, and set it to Enabled. I see it is Disabled (default) in your pictures. This is a bit of a long shot, but worth a try. With IGPU Multi-Monitor set to Enabled, both video sources should work.

Just for reference purposes, since yours and my Z97 boards don't have identical OC Tweaker screens, this is what the iGPU options look like. They are the options that have "GT" in the name:

This is the Chipset Configuration screen:

I'm using the iGPU on my Xeon E3-1276 v3, and even without a graphics card connected to the board, I have a PCI Express option.

balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
Hey persec

I'll give it a shot to see if anything related to what your board can do is on mine, im going to report back later.

Cheers

Kim
balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:49pm
Im back.

There is no option as shown by your motherboard in the oc tweaker option. it was worth a try. Theres is no indication what so ever that this cpu have a IGPU or in the Asrock uefi bios. Simply northing at all.

Cheers

Kim
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:12pm
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We tested i7-5775c on Z97M OC Formula with BIOS P2.30, the system will show "Onboard" item in "Primary Graphics Adapter". Please refer the picture as below: 

However, when we start to do the test, the system has the issue just as same as yours(BIOS P1.30).
Therefore, we think the problem might related to the BIOS or the CPU.
We recommend you to install the i7-5775c to another system to verify.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

balotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:05pm
Hey ASRock TSD

I found out what was wrong and fixed it.

The problem was the 1.8 and 1.91 bios. If you update the bios with them something is going wrong with IME. So how to fix it is like this.

Download the p1.3 bios ( First bios made for the motherboard )

Use Instant flash. ( The card can make a hardboot, as in it turn the machine on but northing happens, Turn the power off, dont use reset.

When its done updating with the p1.3 use the instant flash DHCP tool. ( Its going to make a hardboot again. Just turn off the pc and boot again. Use the instant flash DHCP for the 2nd time )

Now it will install the New IME and the bios and you can enjoy your new broadwell cpu!

Cheers

Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic