ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

onboard HDMI not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: onboard HDMI not working
    Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:05am
look like this is known issue, but I not found clear answer for this.
system is:
ASRock Micro ATX DDR4 H170M PRO4                                                                               
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2
i7-6700
Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4

with HDMI cable monitor not got any signals . write - no connection. when I connect via D-sub - video working. (this monitor perfect working with this HDMI cable with other systems ) - are this can be fixed ? in what problem ? my previous system (also asrock b85m + i7-4771 perfect working with onboard HDMI)

also (separate question) are M.2 must working with ultra fast boot ? when I select ultra fast boot system not view M.2 drive at all and boot to bios. but with normal and fast boot - PCIe NVMe - M.2 working as boot drive without problems

Edited by kelly - 22 Jan 2017 at 11:07am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:50am
Is the BIOS flashed to the latest revision?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H170M%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 7:05pm
I initially have P7.00 bios version. I update it to latest P7.10 - after this one time system booted normal. when I reboot and set ULTRA FAST boot - system again boot to BIOS and not view disk in M.2 slot. I return to normal boot and reboot. after this is all. system not boot and even not enter to BIOS. F2 or DEL not working. I view AsRock logotip (with D-Sub) and text press F2 or Del.. and all. system not enter bios and nothing. only ctrl+alt+del worked of power off

Edited by kelly - 22 Jan 2017 at 9:30pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by kelly kelly wrote:

I initially have P7.00 bios version. I update it to latest P7.10 - after this one time system booted normal. when I reboot and set ULTRA FAST boot - system again boot to BIOS and not view disk in M.2 slot. I return no normal boot and reboot. after this is all. system not boot and even not enter to BIOS. F2 or DEL not working. I view AsRock logotip (with D-Sub) and text press F2 or Del.. and all. system not enter bios and nothing. only ctrl+alt+del worked of power off

The Ultra Fast boot setting will only work if the CSM option is set to Disabled. The Help text shown in the UEFI/BIOS for the Fast Boot option should say that.

But you must have installed Windows with CSM set to Disabled, which causes the OS drive to be formatted differently, as GPT instead of MBR. You cannot set CSM to Disabled after installing Windows with CSM enabled.

That is why the PC starts into the UEFI/BIOS, it detects you set Fast Boot to Ultra Fast, but the CSM option is Enabled. You need to set the Fast Boot option to Fast or Disabled.

I don't understand what you did when you said "I return...", but it is normal for the M.2 SSD to not be seen as the OS drive, when Fast Boot and CSM are not set correctly with your OS installation and CSM setting.
kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:54pm
"I return no normal boot and reboot" - mistake need read - `I return TO normal boot option and reboot` i am not sure are CSM disabled or enabled - I not change this from default settings. but now I can not enter to BIOS at all. so look like motherboard permanently damaged. and HDMI output still not worked

so all this even not related to OS install. however I install windows 10 x64 (1607) on this new build and to old (B85M-HDS, i7-4771, Samsung 850 pro SSD) system from same USB flash. with absolute the same install options. after install on B85M-HDS I set ultra fast boot in bios (csm I not touch) - and all work great. system full boot in 3 second, HDMI worked.. but with H170M Pro4 - when I set ultra fast boot - in BIOS system NOT VIEW Samsung 960 EVO in M.2 slot - look like it "not present" - so how it formatted at all not related - device not visible. return to normal or fast boot - Samsung 960 EVO in M.2 slot become visible and system loaded normal.

but after I update to P7.10 bios version (with utility from site) - system boot once. and after reboot - I can not ENTER to bios. system (BIOS/UEFI) HANG at boot screen with AsRosk logotip and text (press keys for..) - keys not worked. ctrl+alt+del - worked - reboot and hang at same point
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:20pm
Try Clearing CMOS, if that does not resolve the issue post back.
kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:37pm
i already do this by using Clear CMOS Jumpers (to 2-3 position) of course after unplug the power cord (near 1 minute) - not helped. then i remove CMOS battery on several mins - again no any effect. nothing changed. look like motherboard already trash, in no ways enter to BIOS more.

Edited by kelly - 22 Jan 2017 at 11:38pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:55pm
Try disconnecting everything from the board other than power, RAM and CPU and see if you can enter the UEFI. All you want connected is the keyboard, mouse and display with regards to peripherals. No SATA cables, drives or any other devices should be connected internally. This will isolate any potential problems to the Motherboard, RAM and PSU.
kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:11am
all what i have connected to motherboard - i7-6700, 2x8 GB memory (in a2-b2 slots) and NVMe samsung 960 EVO (256 mb) in M.2 slot, no additional SATA, no graphic cards - i always prefer use processor integrated graphic. so remove M.2 drive and try reboot without it ?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:28am
Yes, just to rule out other components. The last thing you want is to RMA a part and have it turn out to be the wrong one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic