ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eligibility for BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eligibility for BIOS Update
    Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
Hi everyone!

Since I just finished building my pc and I can't wait until Feb 5th for AsRock customer service to reopen, I want to ask you guys if my motherboard needs BIOS update or does it not? It's the H110M-DGS, Chipset H110. I don't know if to check if my motherboard can update you need to know my CPU, but I'll give it anyway; it's the i7-6700 (NON-K).

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
LOVE YOU
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Bol Bol Bol Bol wrote:

Hi everyone!

Since I just finished building my pc and I can't wait until Feb 5th for AsRock customer service to reopen, I want to ask you guys if my motherboard needs BIOS update or does it not? It's the H110M-DGS, Chipset H110. I don't know if to check if my motherboard can update you need to know my CPU, but I'll give it anyway; it's the i7-6700 (NON-K).

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
LOVE YOU

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

If you mean, does your board need a BIOS update to use an i7-6700 CPU, then no it doesn't. All ASRock H110 board will work with an i7-6700 processor with any and all BIOS versions.

Any CPU that is compatible with your board can be used when performing a BIOS update.

Your board would only need a BIOS update if you wanted to use a new Kaby Lake processor, such as an i7-7700.

Otherwise, BIOS updates might add new features, or improvements with memory compatibility, or fix problems. If your PC is working fine now, you don't need a BIOS update.

Or are you asking about something else?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic