ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMA? No BIOS LEDs/POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30GHz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:05pm
Well there was no load when it died.

All of the settings were manual with no offsets enabled.

>what were the multipliers/ratios set to?
Rather high, like the maximum that has been known to be successful. But that wouldn't have killed it, it must have been the voltage, specifically seems it could have been the Uncore voltage.

Max (and perfectly safe on water) VCCIn is 2.1 according to many review sites, Intel is conservative.

You can see in my linked post that the guy said he got to 4.7GHz uncore on water with an 8core no less! Some guys with the PentiumG Haswell(non-E) 4core/8Thread have it up to 5GHz with 5.6GHz core.

My 5820K chip was tested good for 4.5GHz @1.27v by a friend, but he didn't try beyond that conservative Vcore: so 5GHz @1.437 wasn't an unreasonable request. That 1.437Vcore is cited by many as safe, but I only found that one guy(linked post) who said uncore over 1.2V was possible, and maybe I misinterpreted that, when he really meant Vcore instead of Vuncore in that cite.

It is just hard to believe that setting it to that, even if wrong killed the CPU in one sec, it never rebooted again!

Edited by 30GHz - 04 Aug 2015 at 5:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic