ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get XMP to boot, long boot time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
Originally posted by AngryGoblin AngryGoblin wrote:

XMP profiles  are often causing issues since 2 generations (and even before) I don't know why that is. I am on 270 k6 as well, and don't have such issues, but had many XMP issues in the past.

I at least see if setting via XMP is stable, but if not it's done old skool here.

Too, I prolly shouldn't voice this aloud, yet I fear many don't have an idea how to set memory up manually. And it seems to be getting worse, not better.

ie: DOS? What's that?

dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
This morning I got the time to test more. There seems to be no way to get this RAM with this MB to work @ 3200-16-18-18-36. Even the long POST at lower frequencies and timings can not be fixed with different settings.

I guess I will be RMAing RAM and MB to get a combination that works flawless.

Hopefully ASRock will be releasing a BIOS update to get things sorted out (as 1.20 is still first and currently latest release).

I also noticed that the RAM is dual ranked. Maybe this is also problematic.

For further input I would be nevertheless grateful.

Regards,

dNhax.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 9:16pm
I created an album on imgur with screenshots from the UEFI. Maybe you can check if my settings are okay or I'm missing something.

http://imgur.com/a/OaL3Y
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by dNhax dNhax wrote:

I created an album on imgur with screenshots from the UEFI. Maybe you can check if my settings are okay or I'm missing something.

http://imgur.com/a/OaL3Y

THANK YOU !!!

Those that show the memory timings, were you inputting them manually when pic'd?
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 9:53pm
Yes, RAM settings @ 3000-15-17-17-34 @ 1.35V are entered manually. Still got the long POST, but in Windows it's stable.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 10:49pm

Yes, RAM settings @ 3000-15-17-17-34 @ 1.35V are entered manually. Still got the long POST, but in Windows it's stable.

Describe the step(s) you're taking to enable XMP in the BIOS for me.
etc etc
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 11:11pm
Assuming I cleared CMOS before (so everything is bare default):

1. Power on
2. Enter UEFI
3. Go to Advanced Mode (F6)
4. Go to OC Tweaker
5. Go to DRAM Configuration
6. Load XMP 2.0 Profile 1
7. Save and Exit UEFI

Black screen and "OC failed" message after that.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 4:01am
OK, before trying more VCCSA voltage, try the below if you haven't.

Note: As a troubleshooting tool if there is an XMP 2.0 Profile 2 from which to chose @3200 now might be time to sub it at step 8 below. We know 1 doesn't properly work

1. Sticks in A and B1, first and thirs slot from CPU
2. Clear the CMOS via the battery out method for 5mins <- IMPORTANT
3. Power on
4. Enter UEFI
5. Go to Advanced Mode (F6)
6. Go to OC Tweaker
7. Go to DRAM Configuration
8. Load XMP 2.0 Profile 1
9. Save and Exit UEFI

Keep us posted
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 4:18am
Thanks @wardog!

I will test that tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I can only choose one profile for XMP (the enhanced one, I guess; compatibility profile is not available).

I posts back as soon as I have any news. ;-)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:09am

Thanks @wardog!

I will test that tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I can only choose one profile for XMP (the enhanced one, I guess; compatibility profile is not available).

I posts back as soon as I have any news. ;-)

Do please.

Since there's one XMP Profile, simply follow along through steps 1-9 as I posted above.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic