ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get XMP to boot, long boot time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:38am
So after 3 hours with removed CMOS battery.. still everything the same.

After powering on and entering UEFI.. greeted in Advanced Mode, user profiles still available, not 100% resetted I guess.

Any more ideas?

Regards,

dNhax.

Edited by dNhax - 13 Feb 2017 at 1:38am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:44am
Did you follow the step of holding down the power button with the power cord disconnected? If so I would hold it down a bit longer, maybe 1min or so. 

I am starting to wonder how the RGB data is stored.... I don't see an additional battery anywhere so....
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 2:02am
Not exactly 10sec, but clicked a few times, like 20x or something along those lines.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:04am
How do I switch BIOS slots or backup from the second slot to the main slot? We have dual BIOS for a reason I guess.

Otherwise.. would it be recommended at this point to test a beta BIOS?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:19am
If you haven't already then yes, try one of the beta BIOSes for your board. The new 200 series boards use auto switching between the 2 BIOSes, there is no way to manually select between them anymore. I guess the thinking is that if you deny the user direct access to one or the other BIOS it becomes impossible to break them both Wink

I am using a beta BIOS on my Gaming K6 and it has corrected a number of small issues as well as improved in UEFI CPU temps. 
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:46am
Thanks so far. ;)

I flashed P1.29 dated 2/6/2017. Boot time got better, but RAM @ 3200-16-18-18-36 still no success after a quick test.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 4:51am
Try clearing CMOS now with the updated BIOS. It also may be worth while seeing if you can set XMP with a single RAM module installed.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 5:13am
Alright, will test that tomorrow. I have to get some sleep before work.
dNhax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dNhax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:26am
So, I'm done.

Nothing seems to work and the hassle is no longer beareable and worth it. I'm sorry but I will be returning Motherboard and RAM (and maybe CPU as well, just in case it's a potato) and will be getting another Board/RAM combination.

Thanks for all your effort and patience so far.

Best regards,

dNhax.
CrashNB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrashNB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 5:41pm
@dNhax: Have you returned your gear yet? I think I have the same issue but my rig is:
*Z270m Pro4
*i5-7500
*2x4GB RAM 3000 (HyperX Predator - HX430C15PB3K2/16) - it's on the QVL
*Samsung SM961 256 GB
*PSU: Corsair RM550X
I had the same issue: after setting XMP profile screen went black than dual boot and RAM settings were back, I mean default. I noticed that when select manual RAM speed there is no 3000 MHz divider only 2933 or 3066, so maybe the same problem you are having (or had)? I could set manually 3066 MHz and main timings according to SPD, 1.35 RAM voltage and everything else on auto. I've read that XMP can change not only RAM settings but also frequencies etc. it could be an issue for my CPU (non K one) but it shouldn't affect yours. I managed to solve that but I have some other problems which I post later on a new thread.
BTW my POST time takes long as well.

Edited by CrashNB - 19 Feb 2017 at 8:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic