ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recomended GPU for this setup(Mid range gaming)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recomended GPU for this setup(Mid range gaming)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recomended GPU for this setup(Mid range gaming)
    Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:16pm
Can anyone recommend me a some GPu for this setup. I want to play some games on 1680x1050 resolution. Somethink like World of Warcraft, League of Legends etc. So some midium GPU i guess.

Setup:
MOBO: ASRock FM2A88M Extreme 4+ R2.0
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHZ
PSU: 500W Zalman
CPU: AMD Athlon x4 845 3.5 GHz (3.8 Boost)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:32pm
League of Legends and WoW are not very demanding. Generally speaking though I recommend the RX 460 or GTX 1050. Both of these GPUs are more than enough for the games you mentioned as well as current AAA titles.
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:37pm
Thank you confirming my choice. I was thinking about Gigabyte RX 460 2GB OC Windforce
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:02pm
I would go for the 4gb model if you can for a bit of future proofing but yes, that is a solid GPU for your needs Wink
Xulingxuling23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:02am
Better do it with amd radeon r7 2gb ddr 5 by sapphire.

Cheap but reasonable performa, because the cpu that you re use are not quite enough for computing FPS.
IMHO
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:56am
I disagree, the RX 460 is about on par with an r9 270 in performance. Neither the R9 270 or the RX 460 will be significantly bottlenecked on that system. The RX 460 is by far the better choice as it uses a newer architecture with more advanced DX 12 support. Also, bare in mind DX 12 drastically decreases CPU load vs DX 11. It is a question of value for money, the R7 and R9 lineup are old now and will lack features found in newer architectures. The price difference isn't enough to make up for the difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:03am
But the cost sir i already tried with amd a10 r7 250 is the best one , because budget
But if have a little money better buy rx series
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:12am
I fully understand what you are saying, on a budget the R7 250 is a great little GPU and will run these games perfectly fine. It is by no means a bad choice but your budget isn't necessarily the same as the thread owners. They already said they were interested in the RX 460 so that must be within their budget.

My disagreement was particularly regarding your statement that the RX 460 would be bottlenecked by that system, that is quite simply false. 

The R7 250 should be able to work in dual graphics mode with an A10 7k series CPU, if you own one and have not already you should try it out, it should net you some extra FPS in supporting games Wink 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:51am
But its a little freeze sir, how to enable that one dual graphic?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:56am
If you need help with dual graphics please make a thread for the issue so we don't derail someone elses Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic