ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Setting dual graphic amd A10 7860k + radeon r7 250
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting dual graphic amd A10 7860k + radeon r7 250

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting dual graphic amd A10 7860k + radeon r7 250
    Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:02am
How to do it?i use amd relive 16.12 but dunno how to enable.
Anyway also when i put external vga sometimes freeze my pc.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Xulingxuling23 Xulingxuling23 wrote:

How to do it?i use amd relive 16.12 but dunno how to enable.
Anyway also when i put external vga sometimes freeze my pc.

Dual Graphics was IMO a gimmick. Invest in the best graphics card your budget allows, then disable the A10's iGPU

After just now typing this I'm going back to your other thread and post another request of you.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 3:09pm
With an R7 250 you don't need the latest drivers, in fact the Relive drivers may cause lower performance on older GPUs.

I found this video on youtube that explains how to set up dual graphics under AMD's older drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrziYlNXZJE

Quote Dual Graphics was IMO a gimmick. Invest in the best graphics card your budget allows, then disable the A10's iGPU

This is true to an extent and I would never recommend that a user buy a GPU with the intent to use dual graphics but in this case the OP already has both the APU and the R7 250 so not using it doesn't make any sense Wink Dual graphics can provide quite a significant boost in gaming with some titles and in titles that don't support it the discrete GPU will be used alone. Basically it is a win win if you have the hardware already. If not then Wardog is absolutely right, you will see much more benefit moving up to an R7 260x than you do enabling dual graphics on an R7 240 or 250.
Xulingxuling23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:15pm
I already follow but maybe my motherboard asrock not compatible, so sad.

Any one expert with this one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:32pm
I already follow but maybe my motherboard asrock not compatible, so sad.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Xulingxuling23 Xulingxuling23 wrote:

You don't want our help?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:31pm
What motherboard are you using?

Please provide your full system specs.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:47pm
OK, I found your specs in the other thread.

You are using the fm2a68m-hd+ which according to the user manual:

on page 20 supports dual graphics.

Before we look closer at dual graphics however you need to correct the issues in your other thread. The 2 problems may be related.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xulingxuling23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:22pm
In my uefi bios dont have the dual vga support @_@ i must downgrade the bios?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:24pm
No, support is via software not the BIOS. The only thing you need to do in BIOS is enable the iGPU. Once in windows the drivers should detect the iGPU + the Discrete GPU and provide an option to enable dual graphics in the driver control panel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic