ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr Debug error A6 (or Ab)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hostis96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Debug error A6 (or Ab)
    Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:45pm
Hello, I have already buil my first configuration:
AsRock z170 extreme4
i5 6600k
corsair ddr4 3000 mhz cl15
cryorig r1 ultimate
hd WD 1 tb
ssd samsung 850 evo

I don't have yet the OS but the BIOS runs correctly, tha sata devices are connected to Mobo at 0 and 2 connectors.
I don't understand the reason of this problem, in Dr Debug there is writted A6 (or Ab, I don't understand it). Can you help me please?
On mobo manual there is written (if it is A6 code):
     Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install
IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please
clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices.

but the mobo recognize correctly the HD  and the SSD

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
If you are only seeing this code from within the UEFI then it is not an error code but an indicator that you are within the BIOS. My Z270 Gaming K6 shows an Ab code when in BIOS but it clears as soon as I exit BIOS and post completes.

The Debug LED is only indicating an error if the system has stopped and become unresponsive PRIOR to post completion. Flashing codes and codes displayed while in the UEFI are not errors but rather indicators as to the part of the POST process that is currently being performed. A post code while in the UEFI occurs because entering the UEFI interrupts the POST process. 

This is one of the reasons I don't like Debug LEDs on consumer boards, the documentation isn't often clear enough about how they work. Don't feel bad though, we get a lot of posts here about this. 

So in summary, a code displayed on the Debug LED is only an error code if it is persistent and the system has frozen or will not proceed to boot. If you are still unsure please let me know and I will try to explain better. 

Edited by Xaltar - 10 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
hostis96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hostis96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:11pm
Yes, if I continue the setup and don't click F2/Del to get on the bios,  all lights switch off (I suppose it is right, tell me if it is not).
Pratically, while I am at Bios debug show me Ab/A6 code, while I run the PC normally all light are off.
Another thing: I have a 34.0/34.5 °C on CPU, is it normal?

Edited by hostis96 - 11 Feb 2017 at 5:54pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:15pm
You are good to go Thumbs Up

Install your OS and enjoy your new build Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic