ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

KB3064209 breaks the G3258

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Londo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 6:19am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Greetings, This is ASRock Technical Department.

The Microsoft released an update "KB3064209" to update Intel Microcode.
The new microcode will cause the system cannot overclock except Z-series platform.
On your case, if you would like to keep the overclocking function on H97 platform, please use Windows 7 or 8.1 without install the update "KB3064209".
If you would like to use Windows 10, we will build a BIOS that update Microcode for you.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD
WOW, OMG yes yes yes, please please please!! Thank You so much - I don't know what to say, just to hear that someone in the Company cares enough AND honestly acknowledge the issue AND offer a solution, this is a first anywhere I know on this growing issue.  I always liked AsRock Motherboards, me thinks I made a really good choice :) YAY for me!

Thank You 'oldebugs' seriously, all jokes aside you rode this out all the way to the end, and I sense your hyper-persistence in trying to help out might had helped get the much needed attention on this.  I was really about ready to give up. I learned a couple of new things today. Nice...

AsRock TSD - just a quick fyi, my system won't boot with both cores overclocked or not.  Thanks Again!

Edited by Londo - 26 Jul 2015 at 6:51am
dtom84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtom84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 6:08pm

Greetings, This is ASRock Technical Department.

The Microsoft released an update "KB3064209" to update Intel Microcode.
The new microcode will cause the system cannot overclock except Z-series platform.
On your case, if you would like to keep the overclocking function on H97 platform, please use Windows 7 or 8.1 without install the update "KB3064209".
If you would like to use Windows 10, we will build a BIOS that update Microcode for you.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Dear ASRock TSD,

Can you build new bios for H81M-HDS(v1.00) too? We have many of these motherboard, and the problem as same. 
Thank you!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 12:31am
Let me understand this clearly.

This MS update when applied on the non-Z chipset boards that have a non-Z OC BIOS/UEFI, then cannot boot even if you load the default BIOS/UEFI settings?

Someone could only get their PC to boot if the disabled one of the CPU's cores?

What a nice gift from Intel and MS! Ouch Angry

Seems like a punishment from Intel. Then we need a special BIOS/UEFI update to get the PC to even boot? Shocked Censored
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:59pm
Dear All,

Here's the BIOS as below:
H97M Pro4: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By6uXQzKtvmrfnhSX2loT2RjWm1yOWI1bVM5bnEzZVlzTlg4QXlJSTlWbG1aTDE5Y0RKdkU

H81M-HDS: ftp://download.asrock.com/bios/1150/H81M-HDS(2.10)ROM.zip

Please update with Instant Flash function : http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=BIOS8

To Parsec,

The issue happen on Windows 10 and Windows 7 which has installed KB3064209 update.
Indeed, in order to use Windows 10 with G3258 on some Non-Z platform. It require to update the BIOS.
Otherwise, the system will get crash when installing Windows 10.
If guys meet such issue in the future, please update the BIOS for try.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 27 Jul 2015 at 9:02pm
dtom84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtom84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 9:46pm

Dear All,

H97M Pro4: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By6uXQzKtvmrfnhSX2loT2RjWm1yOWI1bVM5bnEzZVlzTlg4QXlJSTlWbG1aTDE5Y0RKdkU

Please update with Instant Flash function : http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=BIOS8

To Parsec,

The issue happen on Windows 10 and Windows 7 which has installed KB3064209 update.
Indeed, in order to use Windows 10 with G3258 on some Non-Z platform. It require to update the BIOS.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Dear ASRock TSD,

wow, that was fast :) It looks like it works, Windows 10 installer won't reboot. But, the non-Z tuning is missing. It is possible to go back to BIOS menu? 
Thank you for your help!
Best regards!
Kia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 10:43pm

Dear All,

To Parsec,

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Dear Asrock TSD,

Users of H81M-HDS R2 need BIOS update too!

Thanks You

Edited by Kia - 27 Jul 2015 at 10:44pm
igloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 1:37am
Do you mean we can only get either win10 or overclocking, but not both with the new bios? In this case, I'd rather pick overclocking over win10.
emanuelediba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emanuelediba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 3:21am

Dear All,

To Parsec,

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Dear ASRock_TSD ,

I have this problem on H87 pro4 also. Can you build a new bios also for this board ?

Thanks.
theodk@me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theodk@me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:50pm
Same issue on the B85M-HDS Motherboard. An update will be much appreciated.

ThanksSmileSmileSmile
Kia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:02pm
Dear ASRock TSD,

Thanks for sending me the BIOS update. It works and I could see 2 CPUs in the device manager. 

Thank You Very Much!!!

==============================================================

In order to install Windows 10 after 10130 with G3258 CPU (All cores but no OC) on H81M-HDS R2.0, please flash the BIOS to P1.30 as below link:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M-HDS%20R2.0/?cat=Beta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic