ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac - New HDMI 1.61

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac - New HDMI 1.61
    Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 6:48am
I updated this HDMI firmware 1.61 yesterday and no output via HDMI 2.0 anymore.

Previous HDMI 1.48 is unstable but still can output 4K@60Hz subject to the quality of HDMI cable.

Appreciate if someone can send me the HDMI 1.48 for my downgrade.

Edited by bmouse - 15 Feb 2017 at 7:22am
Alucard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alucard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 1:27pm
ISP Failed! Confused

http://i.imgur.com/6V2utRm.png

Edited by Alucard - 15 Feb 2017 at 1:30pm
hiluke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by bmouse bmouse wrote:

I updated this HDMI firmware 1.61 yesterday and no output via HDMI 2.0 anymore.

Previous HDMI 1.48 is unstable but still can output 4K@60Hz subject to the quality of HDMI cable.

Appreciate if someone can send me the HDMI 1.48 for my downgrade.

Interesting. 1.61 seems more stable for me. :S
On 1.48+ I was having a heap of problems waking the TV once it went to sleep and turning it back on the display just wouldn't wake up. I was having to restart the PC to get the display back.
So far with 1.61 for the last few days I have had it on, I have not had an issue waking from sleep, however, I've experienced loss of the HDMI audio twice - the PC doesn't think it has a HDMI audio output device any more. Disabling and re-enabling the Intel(R) Display Audio device in device manager resolves this problem.
To make this easier, I've written a batch file which I can run to disable and enable the Intel(R) Display Audio device if this happens.

Oh also, you can definitely downgrade the firmware back to 1.48+ from 1.61. I tried myself when testing out different combinations of HDMI FW/BIOS/Intel Drivers.

Originally posted by Alucard Alucard wrote:

ISP Failed! Confused

http://i.imgur.com/6V2utRm.png
You need to have the HDMI cable connected to the HDMI2 port to run the update, don't you?

Edited by hiluke - 15 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm
bmouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:06pm
Thanks Hiluke,

I got the HDMI 1.48+ for downgrading. However, my monitor can no longer output 4K@60hz via HDMI2. I have also done the latest BIOS updated to 7.1 and HDMI 1.61 together with the latest intel graphics driver 4590 in Windows 10 64-bit.

Should I try to downgrade the BIOS to have a try?
hiluke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:15am
Originally posted by bmouse bmouse wrote:

Thanks Hiluke,

I got the HDMI 1.48+ for downgrading. However, my monitor can no longer output 4K@60hz via HDMI2. I have also done the latest BIOS updated to 7.1 and HDMI 1.61 together with the latest intel graphics driver 4590 in Windows 10 64-bit.

Should I try to downgrade the BIOS to have a try?

I am not sure why the 60Hz is not working for you. On your TV/Monitor maybe when updating the firmware it is treating the PC like a new device and you need to enable some settings there? Do you need to update the monitor refresh rate for that input?

I am actually surprised with the same combo of firmware/drivers as you, this is the most stable the HDMI2 output has been. I have had this running for two days with no issue so far (only two days, so it is looking positive, but I'll keep monitoring).
I have Win 10 64bit, 7.10 BIOS, 1.61 HDMI FW, 15.45.14.4590 Graphics Drivers.
Outputting 3840x2160 at 60Hz on HDMI2 to a Samsung TV.

The settings that I have changed in the BIOS from the defaults (I am not sure if any of these make any difference to the HDMI issues):
Advanced> Chipset Configuration> Primary Graphics Adapter: Onboard
Advanced> Chipset Configuration> Share Memory: 1024MB
Advanced> Chipset Configuration> IGPU Multi-Monitor: Enabled
Advanced> Chipset Configuration> Restore on AC/Power Loss: Power On (personal preference)
Tweaker> DRAM Configuration>Load XMP Setting: Profile 1 (for overclocked RAM)
Boot> Fast Boot: Ultra Fast (as I have an M.2 NVMe boot drive)
Boot> CSM: Disabled (required for Ultra Fast boot)
bmouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 9:14am
60hz is working unstable on HDMI2 in the past. Luckily, I can use the on-board DP to have 4K@60Hz without any issue. For other devices such as set-top box, my monitor can output 4K@60Hz easily.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic