ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driver Booster uninstall problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver Booster uninstall problem
    Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 3:33pm
I will describe my problem. Forgive my bad English. I installed Driver Booster on computer few days ago. since it can help to update my driver faster and safer than other driver updater. but it seems not useful. i installed the free version. when i uses it to update drivers and fix other problems. to fix the registry issues and update problem, it asks me to upgrade to the pro version or asks me to install other software. i don't want to keep it on computer anymore. i follow the guide http://guides.mightyuninstaller.com/how-to-uninstall-driver-booster-from-pc/ to uninstall Driver Booster and delete the files and registry keys. but i can't delete the files all. driver booster comes back again. anyone have the same problem with me? help
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 4:30pm
I am sorry but you have fallen prey to mallware. Never install any of these apps without thoroughly researching them first, almost ALL of these "make your system faster" apps are viruses, mallware or spyware. 

Your best bet is to search google for proper removal procedures/tools. There should be numerous posts about this issue on various antivirus and mallware forums.

Again, these programs are a scam, they lure you in with false claims and promises then offer a free version that supposedly detects a plethora of "issues" with your system and prompt you to buy the full version if you want to correct/remove them.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 7:41pm
This link describes uninstalling Driver Booster from Safe Mode, which IMO is the far more realistic method to uninstall malware from.

https://maxuninstaller.com/howtouninstallguides/how-to-uninstall-driver-booster/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic