ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB LED Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nejaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB LED Issues
    Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:19am
I purchased the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer AM4 mobo.  I know it's a new platform, so there are going to be growing pains, but the BIOS needs some help.  In addition to no option for an instant flash within the UEFI (noted in another recent thread), the only option for the RGB LED is "Off."  I would really like to have the board LEDs work.

I'm hesitant to try ASRock's complex, command prompt flash process until I know that flashing will fix the problem.

Also, the RGB LED Windows utility for AM4 boards is nowhere to be found.  It wasn't included on the CD and it's not available on the web.

Everything else seems to be working fine, but I haven't really been able to stress test it yet.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 1:15pm
Welcome to the forums.

As you said, AM4 is very new still. The Z270 boards took a few weeks before the RGB app became available too. The RGB lighting on my Z270 Gaming K6 was little more than a gimmick until the software was released and enabled me to actually set it up properly.

We are waiting on answers about the instant flash issue, we don't know yet if it is a platform limitation or if it is missing because the platform is still in it's infancy. By what we have found so far digging through user manuals and such it seems that it is by design.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

I purchased the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer AM4 mobo.  I know it's a new platform, so there are going to be growing pains, but the BIOS needs some help.  In addition to no option for an instant flash within the UEFI (noted in another recent thread), the only option for the RGB LED is "Off."  I would really like to have the board LEDs work.

I'm hesitant to try ASRock's complex, command prompt flash process until I know that flashing will fix the problem.

Also, the RGB LED Windows utility for AM4 boards is nowhere to be found.  It wasn't included on the CD and it's not available on the web.

Everything else seems to be working fine, but I haven't really been able to stress test it yet.

Which board? The Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming I assume?

The ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.12 Windows utility has just been posted for all the ASRock Ryzen boards. It's the same version for all versions of Windows, this is the Windows 10 download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Professional%20Gaming/index.asp#osW1064
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 6:43am
Is anyone else having problems with the ASRRGBLED app? I can't get it to run. The admin prompt comes up, but nothing happens after hitting OK. The loading indicator spins for a bit, and then nothing.
MunkeyBalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the ASRRGBLED app? I can't get it to run. The admin prompt comes up, but nothing happens after hitting OK. The loading indicator spins for a bit, and then nothing.

Same problem here on windows 10 x64 with a AsRock X370 Fatal1ty K4 with the latest bios (1.20?)

This is from the related error from event viewer:
Faulting application name: AsrRgbLed.exe, version: 1.0.12.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6dcbd4a1
Faulting process id: 0x1498
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c4f4a32eb3d8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\AsrRgbLed.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 04745827-e5f0-4d1a-95e7-fd53e21beb29
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by MunkeyBalls - 05 May 2017 at 12:39am
ThePresidente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePresidente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:51pm
Same issue here. Latest bios 2.20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:16am
I installed F-Stream and the App Shop programs and now it's working
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 7:19am
It's working fine for me as well.

I used APP Shop to download and install it, no problems at all. I have my board's ASRock A-Tuning utility installed, which is not required as far as I know.
Nerio_Lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nerio_Lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 8:41am
RMA
The One

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

It's working fine for me as well.

I used APP Shop to download and install it, no problems at all. I have my board's ASRock A-Tuning utility installed, which is not required as far as I know.

For me it only started working after installing these other applications, dont know exactly which one of the two fixed it though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic