ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G
    Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:09pm
Some web sites load images every slowly or is not loading at all. Battle.net for example; can't connect at all to Overwatch. Installed latest drivers.

If I switch to Intel Ethernet it works. So definitely an issue with the Aquantia.

Edited by Morrowless - 11 Mar 2017 at 9:10pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
I found the Aquantia 5G port flaky when used with 10/100/1000 routers and my switches. Not sure if it is the additional protocols or just what exactly.

My other problem is, while I did just recently buy a 5G switch,  I only have one box with the Aquantia to test with thus I can't troubleshoot any further until I get another board with an Aquantia on it.

Stick with the Intel NIC/PHY. At least IMO more 5G networking devices become readily available and less costly.

There is nothing to be gained unless you have 5G capable equipment from the MB all the way to and including your router and cable modem, or DSL modem.

Edit for clarification to include "and cable modem,"

Edited by wardog - 11 Mar 2017 at 11:38pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I found the Aquantia 5G port flaky when used with 10/100/1000 routers and my switches. Not sure if it is the additional protocols or just what exactly.

I should have added that I fully believe it is communication related issue(s) between the Aquantia 5G pot and 10/100/1000 network equipment.

We'll most likely see firmware updates for all our 10/100/1000 devices as soon as more and more Aquantia and other 5G PHY's become widely sold and used.

Morrowless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm
Thanks for the info. Probably my old router then. No way I'll reach 5 Gigabit speeds any time soon over Internet, and I don't have any use for local Ethernet... so call it a waste lol. It was either this or Taichi x370. Only the Fatal1ty was in stock so..
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
A step up, the Fatal1ity is over the Taichi.

Yea, a pinch and squeeze more $$, yet a better board nonetheless.

How long have you had it? Any excitement or thoughts so far?
Morrowless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morrowless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:32pm
Yea, really happy with this board. This was my first ever ASRock and high-end board, seems like its OC capability is unquestioned. Timely BIOS updates are a plus too. 

Edit: Just had it for a day. No real issues.

Edited by Morrowless - 11 Mar 2017 at 10:34pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Morrowless Morrowless wrote:

Yea, really happy with this board. This was my first ever ASRock and high-end board, seems like its OC capability is unquestioned. Timely BIOS updates are a plus too. 

Great. That's good to hear you're pleased.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Morrowless Morrowless wrote:

Some web sites load images every slowly or is not loading at all. Battle.net for example; can't connect at all to Overwatch. Installed latest drivers.

If I switch to Intel Ethernet it works. So definitely an issue with the Aquantia.

So what you're saying is that only some websites load slowly, or just the ones you've tried?

Is the ethernet cable that connects you to the router Cat6? I have a Cat6 line to my router (only 1Gbps), and I noticed a small (1-5Mbps+) difference in my speedtest.net results. I would have switched over to using it full time, but I didn't feel like changing my IP reservation yet again, so I just swapped it back into the Intel port.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

I would have switched over to using it full time, but I didn't feel like changing my IP reservation yet again, so I just swapped it back into the Intel port.

What? Sheesh!! You don't have all your MAC addresses memorized by now? Tongue
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:04am
Haha, I guess I am slippin' huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic