ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek audio makes my headset disappear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by potimus1d potimus1d wrote:

So just setup a new build, and the problem im having is, When i install Realtek hd audio, my headphones disappear. They still work but appear as speakers and take priority (i have logitech 5.1 speakers plugged into rear i/o and my headphones plugged into front case panel). I really wanted to utilize the nice sound blaster cinema 3 this mobo came with (asrock z270 k6 gaming). But need realtek for soundblaster but using Realtek, its just not an option. even if i were to just go with the "just plug in headphones when you need and unplug em when you dont" and let realtek think there speakers, the headphones sound so crap and echoy in games. I've tried uninstalling hd audio, ive tried installing the Realtek version on the asrock website, ive tried using the newest version... still same.. heaphones dissapear and they work, just appear as speakers so i cant change default audio out anywhere, i even unplugged my speakers in the rear i/o and put my headphones in there alone, they still show up as speakers in realtek and windows default sounds. any suggestions? also they are 3.5mm jack old razor headphones. i have yet to try a USB headset and see if thatd work. but before that would like to see if anyone had any solution/suggestion because these still are not that bad of a headset..(well maybe they are lol who knows) 

specs 
win 10 64
asrock z270 k6
i7 7700k watercooled
m.2 samsung 960 evo
gtx 1080 msi
nzxt 440 steel series.
32gb g.skill ram

I have the same mother board as yours, and just installed the new Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8051 from our board's download page. This is on a recent Windows 10 installation, so I have no other audio drivers installed, except for the audio for my video card. NOTE: I had NOTHING connected to the front or rear panel audio connections. This really does not matter, but when something is connected it is automatically selected as the device to be used.

After the Realtek driver installation, I started the Windows Sound feature, and selected the Reaktek HD Audio Speakers as the default device, it has a check mark in a green circle next to it. It does not matter that it is called "Speakers", it could be speakers or headphones.

Then I started the Realtek HD Audio Manager from its entry in Control Panel, and selected the Speakers tab. Notice on the right side of that window, where it says ANALOG at the top, it shows the back panel audio jacks, and below it the front panel audio below it.

At the top right hand corner of the ANALOG output jack display, is a yellow folder like icon. If you click it, a dialog box appears, with the option Disable front panel jack detection, and a check box. That box must be unchecked, or headphones will not be detected if they are plugged in.

I have stereo speakers connected to the back panel. If I connect headphones to the front panel headphone output, they become active, and the stereo speakers are muted, normal behavior. The headphones sound fine. Does the demo sound test in Realtek HD Audio Manager sound good? If I unplug the headphones, the stereo speakers become active automatically.

The headphones take priority over the speakers, which is normal. The only things I can think of is you have Disable front panel jack detection checked. Or the front panel audio connection on your case does not provide a good connection.

So, what is your problem again? If the headphones sound bad in games, do you have one of the (worthless) Sound Effects selected in the Sound Effects tab? Or do you have a five channel surround sound selected as the format for your 5.1 speakers, which may sound poor with two channel headphones? There is a Virtual Surround option on the Realtek HD screen, is that checked? I highly doubt the SoundBlaster software is affecting headphone detection?

Notice on the Realtek HD Audio screen on the lower left is a Headphone Power option setting, set to Balanced by default. You can try other settings like Dynamic or Ultimate, which might help.

The Headphone Impedance Sensing feature cannot be controlled by the user, and sets the board's internal line (preamp) amplifier to match the impedance of the headphones.
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:30pm
So i did everything you guys said/ suggested. nothing i clicked on, or de-checked made my headphones not... have this crappy like weird jittery sound. like it wasn't connected all the way (wiggled connection). i thought it may be my front panel header on top of case, but when uninstalling Realtek and going back to windows default audio the jizzzery noise went away, its like a wierd BASS corrupted noise. so i have to rule out that (well maybe not completely). even opened case and unplugged- replugged front panel audio header and  jiggled top front case wires/ unplugged - replugged audio connector. turned virtualization on and off. turned front panel jack on and off, put it on stereo only so only headphones only worked. uninstalled sound blaster. with Realtek installed alone watching Youtube - gaming gave me that jittery noise with headphones, and the only thing that took it away was uninstalling Realtek and using win 10 default audio. BUT one thing i did notice, when plugging my headphones to the rear back i/o  it DID in fact take the jittery noise away with realtek installed. still not sure if its front panel jacks or Realtek, or  Realtek option. but i swear, i tried every option/setting. i may just go with win10 audio alone for now. or maybe RMA case? or buy a USB headset. im not sure. plus when disabling front panel jack connections i still get audio in one (left) of my headset speakers with Realtek installed. so odd. im at a lost here...
only the smartest know, how little they actually know.
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:14pm
ok well, for wardog. this actually seems to work and ive conclued that it is in fact either soundblaster or front panel audio. When i unsitalled soundblaster. restarted. then did what you said. it worked. only one headphone speaker but after wiggling it a little they both worked fine. but after working fine. and then installing soundblaster they sound like crap. 

i really dont wanna RMA case though. 

i guess going without sound blaster software isnt a huge deal.

also note in sound blaster options i tried multiple settings. (follow realtek audio instead of windows default)
(set headphones to stereo and speakers to 5.1) 

http://imgur.com/a/uXg4Y

Edited by potimus1d - 20 Mar 2017 at 3:20pm
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:00pm
so parsec basically the problem is switching from headphones to speakers without having to unplug them. if thats even possible, so from what your saying you just unplug your headphones after every time your done using them? and not switch some other way? even disabling front panel detection still makes my headphones take priority. was this intended to have no headphone option in windows audio to make default or when changing from headphones to speakers?
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:30am
Originally posted by potimus1d potimus1d wrote:

ok well, for wardog. this actually seems to work and ive conclued that it is in fact either soundblaster or front panel audio. When i unsitalled soundblaster. restarted. then did what you said. it worked. only one headphone speaker but after wiggling it a little they both worked fine. but after working fine. and then installing soundblaster they sound like crap. 

i really dont wanna RMA case though. 

i guess going without sound blaster software isnt a huge deal.

also note in sound blaster options i tried multiple settings. (follow realtek audio instead of windows default)
(set headphones to stereo and speakers to 5.1) 

http://imgur.com/a/uXg4Y

Granted I have a different board, if I disable front audio panel detection,...only the rear speakers work,...with the headphone connected! But, I use driver version 6.0.1.8125 audio codec ALC1150. No sound blaster software.

Wiggling the headphone wires to make the right channel come back is suspicious! Any chance you could try a different phones, even though you say it works without the SB software loaded? Have you tried a newer version of the sound blaster software?

Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 3 version 1.0.0.14?

parsec/wardog do you have the SB software loaded as well? Does it work?

Edited by clubfoot - 22 Apr 2017 at 2:37am
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:32am
Hello

I have the same issue with an X370 Taichi, my headphones are detected as speakers with latests Realtek high definition drivers, how do I fix this?

Thanks.
Hornster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hornster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:15pm
The question is, the audio device(every, what would have been even the best headset) is not changing the audio port source automatically as it should. There should be a cirrus logic audio control panel within control panel in Windows. If you can find it, go in there and find your audio port configurations to make sure that it's set to change ports.

If you can't find anything, I suggest you go to the Dell website, pump the audio drivers from the website.

Uninstall your audio drivers by going to programs and features in control panel.

Install the modern cirrus drivers and retest your headphones. If it doesn't active, then there is a viable hardware problem. Hard problem to diagnose. 

Edited by Hornster - 14 Jun 2017 at 8:19pm
jamesmarkk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesmarkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 5:38pm
So you can use the best filteration system because it is the best for homes and we know that it is the needs of every home. So When you use this system then you use the soft water without any worries.https://www.watersoftenernow.com
James
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic