ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Cool & Quiet breaks overclock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 2:01am
While I'm in here, the latest 2.20 BIOS beta breaks Cool 'n' Quiet ... again. And yes wardog, I read your post about the azz whooping of the VRM. My VRM needs a good azz whooping. And as before, disabling C 'n' Q in BIOS allows normal overclocking. Looks like I won't bother turning that back on.  
potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 3:32pm

I did not updated for for the new beta 2.22 version but my OC working with 2.20

Edited by potyec - 12 Apr 2017 at 3:32pm
mkmcgregor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:57pm
I stated 2.20, but I meant 2.22 beta is broken. You can overclock with either, but in 2.22 beta with Cool 'n' Quiet enabled, booting into windows will lock your clock to 1200MHz or around there regardless of the BIOS setting; actually as before task manager shows maximum CPU clock as what is set in BIOS, e.g. 3.8GHz, but actual running clock shown in the same panel maxes out in the lower 1100-1200MHz.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by mkmcgregor mkmcgregor wrote:

I stated 2.20, but I meant 2.22 beta is broken. You can overclock with either, but in 2.22 beta with Cool 'n' Quiet enabled, booting into windows will lock your clock to 1200MHz or around there regardless of the BIOS setting; actually as before task manager shows maximum CPU clock as what is set in BIOS, e.g. 3.8GHz, but actual running clock shown in the same panel maxes out in the lower 1100-1200MHz.

There might be a UEFI issue with that version, I don't have that board so I can't verify that either way.

What is your VCore mode set to, Auto? I have mine set to Offset, with the Offset value left on Auto. I have C n Q enabled, and C6 enabled. All cores at 38.25 to compensate for the BCLK droop. Using the AMD Ryzen Power Plan. The result:

Processor speed of 3.8GHz, which stays there due to the Ryzen Power Plan disabling core parking. If you check the VCore in the lower right side, you can see it ranges from 1.360V to 0.384V, so C n Q is active. We can also see the Core powers are varying quite a bit. Differences in CPU temperature also indicate it is working.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic