ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

fatal1ty ab350 gaming k4 ram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:45pm
Thanks for the reply. 

What is the difference between using the XMP profile and setting the timings manually? It would appear all timings and voltage are set the same, whether done by xmp or by manual input. (sorry if this is dumb question).

Does SOC Voltage have another name? I have:
VPPM
2.50V Voltage
DRAM Voltage
+1.8 Voltage
VDDP
1.05V Voltage

I understand the Hynix ram has been having issues. I was actually set to buy the same ram you have, the g.skill flareX 3200, but I saw that someone was able to make it work with my mobo/ram combination. If you think that it is possible the user referenced in my first post has Samsung, that makes sense, but I was under the impression that all C16 corsair memory was Hynix and that Samsung only appears with the C14 model number.
potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

We can see from Thaiphoon burner that your Corsair memory is using Hynix memory chips. In the right column, DRAM COMPONENTS, we see the Manufacture is Hynix, not Samsung.

potyec, you said you have the same model of memory, Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, as y3llo does?

Are we seeing another case of one memory model that uses two different memory chips? One set has Samsung and the other Hynix?

With Ryzen, most if not all of the XMP profiles, which were designed for Intel memory controllers, do not work with Ryzen. You must enter the memory timings manually, and even then there is no guarantee the memory will work at speeds over 2933. Ryzen is a very new system, and the mother board manufactures are still getting information and code updates that are used in the UEFI/BIOS updates from AMD.

All we can do now is enter the memory timings, memory speed, and DRAM voltage manually. As you know, currently we only have the four main memory settings available in the UEFI. The Command Rate and other settings are set automatically by the UEFI. The DRAM voltage for any memory speed above 2400 must be 1.35V.

The Ryzen memory controller does not support memory speeds of 3000 and 3400, which is why 3000 memory must be used at 2933. That is the current information about Ryzen memory compatibility.

y3llo, you don't have an SOC voltage option in the OC Tweaker screen?

Just FYI, I have G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory in my Ryzen X370 Killer SLI/ac board. That memory model is designed specifically for Ryzen, and not only can I not use the XMP profile, but the best speed I can get from it is 2933.

Looks like y3llo has exactly the same memory as me .

Mine working on 2933 Mhz  .

Which timings I should use for 3200 Mhz ?
y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by potyec potyec wrote:

Looks like y3llo has exactly the same memory as me .

Mine working on 2933 Mhz  .

Which timings I should use for 3200 Mhz ?

@parsec how do you configure your bios for 2933? I am unable to hit this.

Edited by y3llo - 13 Apr 2017 at 12:48am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 1:21am
on my taichi it is near the settings for the cpu vcore
and that is below the ram timings and voltage on the bios screen

my soc i have upped to 1v from 0.9

but it wasnt needed to run my ram at xmp
i left it there after trying to get my timings lower the other day
my advice ?

enter bios
set the xmp profile
and then edit the xmp settings
to say
you may have to try higher settings for hynix
etc
or even set the ram to 2993 first

its all about trial and error
if you get it to boot succesfully
then you will have to test stability
i suggest a qucik test first
eg run cinebench then turn off pc leave 5 mins and try a restart

ask me how i know !Ouch

i found the pc could start from bios with crazy low timings and run benchmarks and stress tests at same time all nice and stable for an hour or more

but then IT WOULD NOT BOOT FROM COLD LOL
hence why i suggest a cold boot before any long time spent on prime95/aida/ etc etc
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 2:15am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

on my taichi it is near the settings for the cpu vcore
and that is below the ram timings and voltage on the bios screen

It would appear we just don't have this option then.

And thanks for the timing tips! I do appreciate it.

Does anyone know what the "AM4 Advance Training" setting does for the DRAM? And what it should be set at?

Edited by y3llo - 13 Apr 2017 at 2:15am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:20am
i turned mine off

there is a very good overclocking guide on you tube for the taichi (but as stated will also be good use for other boards)

search for videos by
tech city
he does a very detailed walk through with the taichi but at same time is explaining the asrock bios settings and what they mean and do

hang on i will link it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

what is really great is in his description he lists the settings for proper overclocking on the p states and the values to apply in hex
i really do recommend watching the video and maybe play it on a laptop while your looking at your ryzen system bios

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

[URL=][/URL]i turned mine off

there is a very good overclocking guide on you tube for the taichi (but as stated will also be good use for other boards)

Good video. I now completely see the bios difference between what you get on a X370 vs B350.

Edited by y3llo - 14 Apr 2017 at 5:11am
y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 9:28am
Okay so I need help. I picked up some G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX in attempt to be compatible.

Now I still cannot boot above 2666. I also tried reverting drivers back to 1.44 in hopes that there was greater ram compatibility... Still no dice.

What am I doing wrong?

I thought this ram was on the board's QVL, however the model listed is F4-3200CL14D-16GFX. Is there really an extra "L" in the model number? Or are they the same spec?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:46pm
its the same stick
heres a quick breakdown
f4= ddr4
3200 =ram speed
cl14= the latency
d or q= means was it sold in a dual or quad channel kit
16 or 32= total size of ram kit
gfx gtz gtzr =style and model of the ram kit eg gtz is tridentz gtzr is trident rgb

the problem is with some qvl listings is they use software reported model numbers
which in your case didnt include the letter L
other examples are they quote the part number for a quad kit eg cl14Q and tested just two sticks and say its workd fine as a pair ..of course to buy that stick you would get a kit of four

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:57pm
ok sorry back to your main issue
lets try to get the ram working
try easy timings first 16/16/16/35 make sure the ram volts is 1.35 soc if you can change it to 1.1v
and manually try 2933 save and exit
allow it to take a long time to initilise with new settings (this can be >30 secs without anything happening before the bios boot screen starts)
hit delete if its starting back into bios dont change anything just save and exit again it should now boot faster to bios screen ,let it try windows
after that just keep playing following guide i wrote above

remember at this stage in am4/ryzen you cant trust the xmp will always work so you may have to manually configure it and allow it to in effect learn its safe to boot with those settings
you should be aiming for 3200 and 14/14/14/34

if and when you cant get it to allow this try then reducing the soc down from 1,1 to 1,0 or below
its always the best idea after obtaing any overclock to then spend the time to get the volts as low as is stable afterwards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic