ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock's Front USB 3.1 Panel and U.2 Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock's Front USB 3.1 Panel and U.2 Kit
    Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 12:34pm
TAIPEI, Taiwan, July 16, 2015 ??We've already seen plentiful amounts of motherboards that have USB 3.1 ports built into the rear I/O, but I bet you've never seen this new interface appear on the front panel of your computer case. Apparently not, because ASRock is the world's first to support front Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 ports with their Front USB 3.1 Panel. Additionally, the innovative company has also announced the birth of U.2 Kits, add-on cards that may support the latest and fastest Intel® SSD 750 Series.

Not only does USB 3.1 boast 10Gb/s data transfer rates, the new Type-C interface also doubles the charging speed of other devices, and even features a miraculous reversible design for those who always get the wrong orientation. That said, trying to plug USB devices all the way to the back of the case is still as hard as pinning a tail on a donkey. So ASRock has come out with a Front USB 3.1 Panel, which may be connected to your vacant SATA Express port and transform it into a pair of USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C ports.

For even faster speeds, ASRock presents the U.2 Kit. A tiny add-on card that may be installed into the onboard PCIe Gen3 x4 Ultra M.2 slots, and then support the fastest Intel® SSD 750 Series. To add icing on top, the U.2 Kit also breaks limitations allowing PCIe SSDs to create RAID 0 arrays for ludicrous speeds. ASRock's lab has demonstrated building RAID 0 with three Intel® 750 SSDs connected to U.2 Kits and without question, an ASRock motherboard. The results were insane as you could have imagined, 3561 MB/s read speed and 3245 MB/s write speed!

ASRock's U.2 Kit is compatible with any motherboard, as long as it has a functioning PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 slot for installing this gizmo. On the other hand, ASRock's Front USB 3.1 Panel will work seamlessly on any motherboard with a SATA Express connector.

For more information, please go to:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/card.asp?Model=U.2%20Kit
http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/card.asp?Model=Front%20USB%203.1%20Panel
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 1:13pm
Now that is what I call a fast raid array Thumbs Up
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Now that is what I call a fast raid array Thumbs Up

What I find interesting is that those Intel 750 NVMe PCIe SSDs are recognized by the Intel IRST RAID software, so can be used in a RAID 0 array. That truly is the "... icing on top...".

Whether that is caused by the ASRock U.2 Kit, or the Intel NVMe driver, or both, that is a surprise to me.

The Samsung AHCI XP941 and AHCI SM951 are not recognized by the Intel IRST RAID software. They both appear as an independent AHCI controller device in Device Manager, as well as have an entry under Disk Drives.

The PC world is still full of innovation, in the land of the desktop computer. Long live the PC mother board and ASRock!! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic