ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

p2.0 bios broken taichi x370

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Optik Optik wrote:

Install p1.60 and u don't have problems.
P2.0
Smt disable don't work
Voltage reading don't work correctly
2 settings 4 voltage settings the Mainboard calculate both an say 2,7v not 1,35v.
Pls fix it Asrock.

I don't gain anything by going back to 1.60. The only "problem" I currently have is I can't get my RAM to run at speeds higher than 2400. This is the same for both the 1.60 and 2.00 BIOSes so I'm better off sticking with 2.00 until the next AGESA update in May.

Patience is a virtue, although these days it's more and more a lost virtue. Too many people are part of the NOW Generation.
Optik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:05am
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

Install p1.60 and u don't have problems.
P2.0
Smt disable don't work
Voltage reading don't work correctly
2 settings 4 voltage settings the Mainboard calculate both an say 2,7v not 1,35v.
Pls fix it Asrock.

I don't gain anything by going back to 1.60. The only "problem" I currently have is I can't get my RAM to run at speeds higher than 2400. This is the same for both the 1.60 and 2.00 BIOSes so I'm better off sticking with 2.00 until the next AGESA update in May.

Patience is a virtue, although these days it's more and more a lost virtue. Too many people are part of the NOW Generation.

QVL RAM? Ryzen dont like 13 15 17 timings

and dude dont worry all other boards have the same problems with ram

Edited by Optik - 25 Apr 2017 at 9:09am
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:19am

QVL RAM? Ryzen dont like 13 15 17 timings

and dude dont worry all other boards have the same problems with ram

Until the RAM issues are sorted out the QVL is a guide more than a verified list of what works.

I'm aware that all vendors are having the same issue, that's why I'm not worried and will patiently wait for the next AGESA release before updating my BIOS.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

Yes, I wasn't worried by the high voltage as I figured I'd either be smelling something burning or the PC would have shut down by now if it was actually the case. LOL

Here's another screenshot of a voltage HWiNFO reports incorrectly for my PC:

That's one hell of a 12 volt power supply. Wink

I had that +12v (over 22V) reading too with that version of HWiNFO64 with my Ryzen system. I guess you did not see the +12V reading in my HWiNFO64 screenshot in my previous post on page 1 of this thread. That's with the v5.51-3141 Beta version, which fixes that bug. I like to use the Beta versions since they have the latest features, and rarely have any issues.

You can also see sensor readings that are meaningless, like the 7° C Auxiliary reading that never changes.

That +12V display error is a great example of how the outputs of the sensor/monitoring chip must be processed to provide the correct value. All boards don't use the same monitoring chips, and good programs like HWiNFO are coded to determine which monitoring chip and board is being used. From there the appropriate processing is applied to the monitoring chip's output.

Yes, that's a lot of work and support, which is why some programs, even famous ones like CPU-Z, have bugs in them occasionally. I've casually worked with the programmer of HWiNFO to fix a bug in it occasionally, when new boards I have are released. You can read in the HWiNFO News section (basically release notes) how enhancements are added for various boards in different versions.

This is scary stuff really, we depend on these programs and assume they are always correct. Their programmers do a great job, but no one is always perfect, and since there a few standards about how this all works, it's not easy getting everything right all the time.
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:13am
Thanks for the heads-up on the beta version having fixed this bug parsec.

I can appreciate the amount of work involved from all sides when new products are released. That's why I try to get information from a number of sources before looking for a solution to a problem I don't really have.

When I first noticed the high 12 V reading in HWiNFO I rebooted, went into BIOS and checked the HW Monitoring values, these were all normal so I figured HWiNFO wasn't reading the voltage correctly. The hardware manufacturer usually knows how to work with their hardware better than a third party. Thumbs Up
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:48am
Yes, the hardware manufacture ought to know how there own product works... they better. Wink

You've brought up another situation that the third party programmer must deal with, as the HWiNFO programmer has mentioned in his forum. He has asked mobo manufactures for information about their sensor/monitoring designs, and is refused. He must figure it out himself, by using his experience and when possible the documentation for the monitoring chip from its manufacture. That still does not give them every detail, such as which sensor inputs or outputs are not being used for example. That's where owners of various boards can help them get things right.

HWiNFO64 always has at least a few sensor readings that are meaningless, but that depends on the board manufacture, type of system (AMD or Intel), chipset, the board itself (high end or entry level), etc. Plus how can they have one of every mother board made by every manufacture to work with? Recently ASRock began using a new monitoring chip on a few of their boards, and most of the existing monitoring programs could display only a few readings correctly, until the programs were updated (if they ever were updated.)
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:15pm
I am liking this thread. Let me say, before I go any further that I have a Professional Gamer. which is pretty much the same as the Taichi(missing 5Ghz ethernet). 
I did notice right away that BIOS version 2.0 does have voltage fluctuation problems.
I do like that I can save BIOS tweaks tho.
I have been seeing voltages way above the normal range. CPUID HWMonitor and HWiNFO64 as well as CPU-Z are  indicating a huge voltage fluctuation in CPU VCORE.  From 1.392v to 2.8v. I went back to v1.60 and the problem went away.
With v1.60 I get a great overclock to 4.1GHz and mem speeds of 3200MHz 14-15-15-15-36-1T.
Using OFFset mode for the CPU and SOC voltages works well along with LLC
I will just have to wait for ASRock to figure it out. 
As for now, the only thing I am missing is being able to save my configurations.

Edited by Bill H - 25 Apr 2017 at 1:51pm
X370 Pro Gamer - 1800x@4000 -
EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper SLI -
G.SKILL F4-3000C14D-16GTZ@3200MHz - Single liquid loop
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:09pm
what is good
is real people with real setups posting what they can do and their settings
it helps educate us all

p.s. i like your ram choice (it does very very well on intel systems hopefully it will eventually show same promise on the am4)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Optik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:38pm
At weekend I will try 3,6ghz with undervolting.
3,6 GHz 3,7ghz is ryzen sweetspot

Edited by Optik - 25 Apr 2017 at 9:39pm
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W
Lisanderus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisanderus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:58am
Hwinfo64 5.51-3141 (beta) work fine for me, previous version and latest CPU-Z (1.79) showed a doubled voltage. The only thing I noticed is that it does not always show a drop in frequency in idle time (to ~1500mhz, always p0 - 3700), voltage drops.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic