ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

"USB Configuration" Missing in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "USB Configuration" Missing in BIOS
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:55am
Hey,
The "USB Configuration" settings under Advanced is missing from my ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac BIOS Version 2.30. The manual states it should be there. I'm having difficulty getting my USB mouse and keyboard working on the windows installation screen, works just fine in the BIOS. Trying to play with some settings, but these I can't seem to find. Where are they?

Thanks.

Edited by ShadowStorm - 28 Apr 2017 at 8:57am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:56am
Your Window, is it Windows 7?

If it is, see the Downloads section of your motherboard for the USB Patcher. It is req'd for Windows 7 as 7 out of the box doesn't have the proper USB drivers.

It patches your install media.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:40pm
I have the same board.

The manuals were authored pre-release, and, well, it's good for a lot but just not accurate on many now.

BIOS 2.30 > Advanced > AMD CBS > Promontory Common Options > PT USB Configuration Options Wink

Yet if you're good in the BIOS but not during OS install, my guess is you're using Windows 7. Or earlier. That's telling me you probably need to use the 7 patcher.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic