ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mouse not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrian111111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mouse not working
    Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:15am
Hello,

I have bought MB Asrock z170 pro4s and I had a lot of problems with it.
Firstly I updated bios to 7.3 because my processor was not recognized (i5 7400). After this I tried to install windows 7 ultimate but the USB mouse/keyboard are not working. I tried a lot of combinations in bios for USB configuration (USB legacy, PS/2 emulation, etc). Nothing worked and I was forced to buy PS/2 mouse and keyboard.
Finally, using PS/2 keyboard I managed to install windows 7 ultimate but the USB keyboard/mouse are not working. I also tried PS/2 mouse but neither this is working, only PS/2 keyboard is working in windows.

Is there any chance to fix this problem? I am very angry because this is unacceptable.... 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:50am
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/

That is what you need. 

This issue comes from intel and MS not ASRock, Windows 7 does not support USB 3 natively and 100 series and newer boards do not have USB 2 support. This means you need to use the process described in on the page linked above to install the drivers during the install process.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:51am
On the up side, there is nothing wrong with your board, I have the same board in one of my systems and it works very well Thumbs Up
adrian111111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrian111111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:32pm
Finally I solved my issue.

I installed Windows 7 then I inserted motherboard CD and using only keyboard I managed to install the drivers.
After every driver installation Windows restarts then the autorun starts and the next driver is automatically installed and so on till all drivers are installed (including USB 3.0).

Hint: when Windows is restarting eject the CD because the Windows is trying to boot from CD. Insert the CD again when desktop is shown.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:45pm
Thanks for posting back Thumbs Up

The link I posted would have avoided having to keyboard navigate (PS2 Keyboard) to install the drivers Wink 
Either way works though. Enjoy your new build Cool
Marcurios View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcurios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 11:04pm
Quote "This issue comes from intel and MS not ASRock"

I don't see how this is not a ASRock issue to be honest.
Since many other motherboards let you install win 7 out of the box with legacy USB. ASRock decided to use a modern chipset (which is understandable and logical), so it's a ASRock decision, that makes it a ASRock issue.

For a mobo manufacturer it wouldn't be all that difficult to add a tiny chip so USB would work anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic