ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable spread spectrum x370 gaming k4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Volcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable spread spectrum x370 gaming k4
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:46am
Hello,

I was looking for an option to disable this feature because now my bclk is fluctuating.
But i can't seem to find it.
Is this option available?

Greetings,
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Volcom Volcom wrote:

Hello,

I was looking for an option to disable this feature because now my bclk is fluctuating.
But i can't seem to find it.
Is this option available?

Greetings,

If a Spread Spectrum option was available, it would be in the OC Tweaker screen.

My X370 Killer SLI/ac board does not have a Spread Spectrum option in its latest UEFI/BIOS version yet. I don't have a BCLK option either.

My BCLK varies by less than 2Hz. Out of 100,000,000Hz, that is not bad.

I predict the AM4 Ryzen series boards will have the most UEFI/BIOS updates of any boards ever produced. AMD released the Ryzen 7 processors earlier than the originally stated release date, and mother board manufactures were caught off guard and really not ready. AMD is still providing CPU microcode and other types of code used in the UEFI/BIOS to mother board manufactures, one is pending for some time in May, and I doubt it will be the last.

Many of the features that ASRock has offered in the UEFI/BIOS of their other boards are not yet available in their Ryzen boards. I expect they will be added at some point, when I don't know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic