ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors
    Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by djactivator djactivator wrote:

Ok, so as suggested when I try to install the above suggested allinone driver pack downloaded right from the ASROCK website, attempted 3x, get BSOD each time with the message Driver IRQL not less or equal Etron XHCI.sys failed

any ideas?

You got that Etron error while installing the all-in-one?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

To confirm, he has the latest version of Windows 10: 1703 (Creators Update).

So it's not exactly surprising that an AIO driver package that's nearly two year's old is creating problems.

@djact, what about this driver:

Latest Windows 10 x64 All- In-One driver package:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:18am
To confirm, he has the latest version of Windows 10: 1703 (Creators Update).

So it's not exactly surprising that an AIO driver package that's nearly two year's old is creating problems.

@djact, what about this driver:
djactivator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djactivator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:14pm
Ok, so as suggested when I try to install the above suggested allinone driver pack downloaded right from the ASROCK website, attempted 3x, get BSOD each time with the message Driver IRQL not less or equal Etron XHCI.sys failed

any ideas?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:46am

where do I get this Etron 118 Driver for windows 10 64bit?

Speaking of drivers, what drivers are you installing after you install Windows 10?

AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1060?

Also no information about CPU cooler or PC case cooling and cooling of CPU VRMs. Definitely can be an issue with an FX 8350.

What configurations of UEFI/BIOS options have you done for the CPU, etc?
droseph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:29am
Hey djactivator, how old is your windows 10 install media?

I had very similar problems with a recent ryzen build and it was because my copy of win 10 was too old. I was able to fix the problem with a new copy of windows. I've read that others have been able to get their systems to work by installing windows updates.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 3:18am

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/All/USB/EtronUSB3(v0.118).zip
djactivator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djactivator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:14pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:11am
USB drives attached????????

Check what Etron USB 3.0 driver is being used.

Last I knew 118 was stable. 119 was problematic for many many Users. Me included.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:15am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

Here's a quick update:

Because of all the trouble I've had with USB3 headers, I wouldn't be surprised if that may have been the problem all along.

I have had the same experience as you and would agree that removing this connection would eliminate a probable cause.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic