ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djactivator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows 10 pro keeps freezing and various errors
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:28pm
Hello everyone,

I am trying really hard here to resolve a system issue and make my windows 10 pro 64bit PC stable. I randomly get freeze ups and have to reboot my system to be able to use my computer, I also get a combination/mix of these following error messages aka blue screen of death messages.. 

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

someone help me please!!!

Thank u so much! $100 money wire to anyone that helps me solve this issue
Optik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:19pm
Without system information no help.
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:13pm
Optik is correct, djactivator, we need much more information.  Please post your MB, Processor and if you are overclocking at all (memory or CPU).  I would like to see at least one dump.  If you have a minidump folder in your Windows folder, please compress it and post it here.  Hey, is it even possible to attach a file in this forum?  If not, please put it somewhere we can get at it.  Are all your drivers up to date?  Please keep your money.
Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please tell us what CPU, Memory and BIOS you have.

Edited by MisterJ - 18 May 2017 at 11:45pm
Evlbringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evlbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:44pm
When i see error with IRQL Not lees or equal, it is very often RAM or HDD fault. When i see other ones, in combination with IRQL, i would say, that best way, what to try first, is reinstall windows. If you already did, try just one memory stick inserted (if you have more than one).

And the others are right - for better help (take my post as help, which i tried without knowing your real situation - i dont know, if you already reinstalled, if you overclocked something, how long it takes, till BSOD appears - if your system load up, or it is during loading system, or if it appears after for example 2 hours in system etc...).

But still - easiest way is ussually remove everything, what you do not need in your PC (let connected just one memory stick, just system HDD, onboard vga - if it is presented and try load windows...). My bet is still on RAM fault.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:46am
1. Are you accessing this forum with a different device?
--a. If so, is that device a Windows computer with the same bit processor (32/64bit)?

2. Do these issues appear consistently when using the same applications (i.e. do they occur most often when, for example, you are playing a game)?

3. Are you able to start the computer in Safe Mode?

4. Have you recently changed any of your components (i.e. new graphics card, HDD/SSD, etc)?

5. Have you recently updated Windows?

What you might try to resolve this issue:

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode (tutorial here).

2. Open an "Elevated Command Prompt" (tutorial here).

3. Type the following commands, followed by hitting the Enter Key:
-- a. %SystemRoot%\system32\Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
-- b. %SystemRoot%\system32\sfc.exe /scannow
-- c. %SystemRoot%\system32\Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
-- d. %SystemRoot%\system32\sfc.exe /scannow

Depending on your hardware setup, this could take up to 2 hours to complete, so be patient.

This may not fix your problem, but it's a good first step to check off the list.

EDIT:
I would also remove all of your video drivers, and then do a clean install. If you have added any new hardware, I would remove the hardware (if you can) to see if the BSODs still appear. If they do, try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, making sure that you are using the latest drivers.

If you are overclocking either your graphics card or your CPU, dial it back until the BSOD's disappear.

Edited by twf85 - 19 May 2017 at 4:52am
djactivator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djactivator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:06pm
the mothboard I have is an ASrock 970 performance, my CPU is 4 GHZ AMD FX-8350 Eight Core and my Ram is

RAM
Memory slots
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 16384 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 665.2 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 33 clocks
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 22 %
Total Physical 16 GB
Available Physical 12 GB
Total Virtual 17 GB
Available Virtual 13 GB
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Slot #1
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Manufacturer G.Skill
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Part Number F3-14900CL10-8GBXL
SPD Ext. XMP
Timing table
Frequency CAS# Latency RAS# To CAS# RAS# Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage
JEDEC #1 381.0 MHz 5.0 5 5 14 19 1.500 V
JEDEC #2 457.1 MHz 6.0 6 6 17 23 1.500 V
JEDEC #3 533.3 MHz 7.0 7 7 20 27 1.500 V
JEDEC #4 609.5 MHz 8.0 8 8 22 30 1.500 V
JEDEC #5 666.7 MHz 9.0 9 9 24 33 1.500 V
JEDEC #6 666.7 MHz 10.0 9 9 24 33 1.500 V
XMP-1866 933 MHz 10.0 11 10 30 1.500 V
Slot #2
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Manufacturer G.Skill
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Part Number F3-14900CL10-8GBXL
SPD Ext. XMP
Timing table
Frequency CAS# Latency RAS# To CAS# RAS# Precha
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:53am
Thanks, djactivator.  I will need to see at least one dump file to speculate on the BSOD causes.  Evlbringer's suggestion that you have a memory problem is probably the best guess, given the available information.   I suggest you run the Windows Memory diagnostic.  Please open a Run dialog and type mdsched and hit enter.  This takes a couple of hours on my system.  If any errors occur, they must be addressed.  Never ignore a memory error.  If this runs OK, remove one memory stick and see if you continue to get the errors.  Try both sticks, one at a time.  twf85 also has a good system clean up you should run.  Please tell us if the errors are occurring on a particular application and make sure all your drivers are up to date.
I hope you can find one or more dump files to make available.  Enjoy, John.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:52am
I've been chatting with djactivator this morning, here's an update:

1. Issue seems to be application agnostic. Happens randomly.
2. Windows has been installed *fresh* several times, using official Windows Installer (both USB/DVD).
3. System will sometimes result in a BSOD, but other times just die completely, without warning or notice.
4. SFC fails at various intervals, telling him, "Windows resource protection could not perform the operation", usually resulting in an immediate crash.
5. Win10 is installed on a Samsung SSD (850 Evo). This disk is in GPT mode, and he has Win10 installed with EFI support.
7. Power supply is roughly two years old.

We've checked to see if VSS was disabled, which it was. He's planning on doing a clean uninstall of his video drivers, with a re-install of only the display adapter driver (Overdrive, etc can cause problems sometimes). He also swapped his HDMI cable out for a DVI connection, to see if the issue was related to pumping out audio to his monitor's speakers via HDMI (an issue I've had to deal with recently).

What I'm having him work on now is resetting any BIOS settings he may have set using "Load Optimized Defaults (F9)" in the BIOS, and then going in and disabling CSM. Then we're gonna' try and run the maintenance routine I described previously in Safe Mode with Networking, using the built-in admin account. After that, the only other thing I can think of to try (that hasn't already been mentioned), is to install a new user profile, and see if the issue exists in the new profile.

@MisterJ, given how unstable his system is, I'm hoping he tried to overclock his rig and just forgot. Sometimes resetting the CMOS via battery-method does not clear the settings, so even if he tried that before, there's a chance the settings are not currently defaulted. Regardless, it doesn't seem to me that his system is stable enough to complete a mem test (which could be very telling in and of itself). His best bet there would be to get a hold of a stick or two of brand new memory.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:45am
djactivator and twf85, Google finds many hits on SFC "Windows resource protection could not perform the operation".  I recommend that djactivator try a search.  Perhaps there is malware (rootkit?).  I still think trying one memory stick at a time is work the effort.  I would not think both are bad.  Tried DISM?  Diskpart (clean) should remove a rootkit in a MBR.
So I would try the one stick at a time first.  Please ask for more information on running diskpart during W10 install, if interested.
Enjoy, John.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:07am
Re: "Windows resource protection could not perform the operation"

1. Performed chckdisk at Startup
2. Tried running SFC in Safe Mode using the default Administrator account.

I was remoting in via TeamViewer, and was disconnected when his system "froze".

I asked him if he installed the same programs after each clean install, and he said "more or less". So it could be that he's installing something that is tripping the system up, each and every time he does a fresh install.

We can't get SFC to finish, nor DISM.RestoreHealth. Not from within Windows, at least. The only other way to try and get it to run is from the Recovery Console. He had to leave, so maybe we'll try that later.

He's also gonna' try one stick of RAM at a time, which is starting to look more and more plausible as the likely culprit in all of this.

EDIT: Also, he's got 1703 (Creator's Update), installed. He said these issues have been going on the entire time he's had the system (~6 months), so it probably doesn't have anything to do with 1703. Still worth mentioning..

Edited by twf85 - 20 May 2017 at 8:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic