ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebl3739 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:39pm
As a first time builder and PC Noob, who hasn't managed to get his Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 RAM to run at anything above 2133 on his AB350 Pro4, is it worth me trying to tinker with settings and voltages to try and get it to work?

Or just wait for new BIOS with 1006?
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

It's a side effect of the buggy shoddy release thanks to AMD unfortunately. As much as we all may love the product, the fact of the matter is that we probably all should have held off on buying at least 6 months while the kinks got worked out.

I have to disagree with you on waiting 6 months. ?At most, it would have been the first AGESA update.

I have had zero issues with my Ryzen rig. ?Every component has performed flawlessly out of the box. Win10 installed to my NVME without issue. ?RAID1 storage setup. ?It's been brilliant.?

AMD definitely did a poor job coordinating the ecosystem with partners and preparing its MB manufacturers, but there have been no bugs that have prevented me from doing what I need to do. ?No BSOD or critical system errors. ?Just flawless performance. ?Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.

Not having a specific RAM speed available is not a bug. ?It's platform immaturity. ?If I recall correctly, and do correct me if I'm wrong, it took Intel 6-12 months to fully develop their DDR4 support.

Users are accustomed to faster RAM because of Intel and AMD is admittedly playing catch-up.

The only issue I have is waiting on Cryorig to send me the bracket for my AIO. ?Again, AMD's lack of supporting partner's prior to launch.

I can't put the blame on AMD for the cooler bracket. My cooler shipped with one in the box. Noctua U12S.

Edited by AlbinoRhino - 26 May 2017 at 8:54pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:02pm
Well what do you know, AMD just announced the release of AGESA update 1.0.0.6 and AMD said UEFI/BIOS updates should appear halfway through the month of June:

https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks

Looks like up to 26 new memory parameters for Ryzen, and increased memory speed potential. I'm sure it will take a while to add, test, and verify all of it.
Nejaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nejaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I can't put the blame on AMD for the cooler bracket. My cooler shipped with one in the box. Noctua U12S.

That's because AMD setup a specific partnership with Noctua.  Notice that Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master (all much bigger names that Noctua) all had to ship brackets after launch.  None of them had launch-ready products.
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

That's because AMD setup a specific partnership with Noctua.  Notice that Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master (all much bigger names that Noctua) all had to ship brackets after launch.  None of them had launch-ready products.

The Socket layout and the exact placement of the mounting-holes was known well before the launch.
Does AMD really need to be in a partnership with everyone so they will start shipping/supporting their products _ the right way _ ? 

-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Well what do you know, AMD just announced the release of AGESA update 1.0.0.6 and AMD said UEFI/BIOS updates should appear halfway through the month of June:

https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks

Looks like up to 26 new memory parameters for Ryzen, and increased memory speed potential. I'm sure it will take a while to add, test, and verify all of it.

That's nothing new and was posted a day ago here --- this is the main source:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

Edited by SoniC - 26 May 2017 at 10:53pm
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
cutterjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutterjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

Asrock stills lacks fine grain bclk adjustment, can't do 100.01 100.02 yet, only 100.1 100.2 and so on. At least on the Taichi, don't know if the Proffesional behaves different.

Hope they improve this, the Gigabyte K7 had fine grain bclk.
While I haven't looked closely I'm willing to bet that the boards electrically IDENTICAL barring the 5GBps ether controller on the Pro v. 1GBps on the Taichi.  They probably have identical UEFI as well beyond skinning.

ASROCK has REALLY slowed down on the BIOS releases since oh about the beginning of April IIRC.  In march they were releasing betas left, right, and center now we're lucky to get one 'release' a month and TBH since 1.93D the 'releases' have been regressive for my case.

I'm wondering whether I be getting my 1998X(or maybe the non-'X' IF they turn out like the lower end Ryzens) + ASUS ROG X399 BEFORE I see the fatal1ty 1.0.0.6 AGESA UEFI at this snail pace... yes I/O is too paltry for me on these low-mid range Ryzen parts. FFS I have notebooks with similar I/O capabilities, and IIRC even Intel 'Z' series chipsets have more I/O let alone the 'X' series.

[EDIT]
To further this I think that the way things are now there is too little differentiation in the crowded low-mid range Ryzen lineup.  The only REAL differences being price and core count.  IMNHO the 6/8C 'X' series at least should've have 28 PCIe lanes and a chipset somewhere between X370 and X390/9, say X380.  Make the 'X' chips worth something because as it is now they're not really worth the price of admission IMHNO over their non-'X' counterparts.
[/EDIT]

Edited by cutterjohn - 26 May 2017 at 11:56pm
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:08am
Originally posted by kebl3739 kebl3739 wrote:

As a first time builder and PC Noob, who hasn't managed to get his Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 RAM to run at anything above 2133 on his AB350 Pro4, is it worth me trying to tinker with settings and voltages to try and get it to work?

Or just wait for new BIOS with 1006?

You may not have to 'tinker' with it all that much. You may just need to get a little more familiar with your memory sticks. Such as familiar with various timings, FSB to DRAM ratio, voltage and such. Many get these from CPU-z, though Aida 64 may be more useful to you(at least it is to me).

Once you find out the timings for your memory(Corsair Vengeance LPX), write them down and 'input' them manually at the Bios screen for 'OC Tweaker' after selecting the speed you wish to try. Such as 2400mhz,2666mhz or whatever. You will likely have some measure of success, after some reboots from the trial and error method. Otherwise, you are correct, you can just wait as well... Choice is up to you.

Spawne32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:19am
What is the deal with the beta BIOS thread, hasnt been updated since april. Is asrock restricting the use of beta bios lately?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

What is the deal with the beta BIOS thread, hasnt been updated since april. Is asrock restricting the use of beta bios lately?

i think quite sensibly
they have removed beta bios and windows based flashers from the options on the download site

to prevent bricking boards
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>
  Share Topic