ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are your VRM temps AB350 pro4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KazadorI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your VRM temps AB350 pro4
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 1:34am
so i just install Hwinfo64 and i see my VRM is 103c at IDLE !!! im running a 1700 non"x"  no overclock ram is at 3200Mhz also i have a top-flow CPU cooler  (dark rock tf, rated for a 220watt cpu) 
any thoughts, should i try and replace the thermal pad under the VRM heatsink ??? or these temps OK.
Thankx
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:34pm
On my ab350m pro 4 it's 97c on the VRM. It doesn't fluctuate. I don't know it that's normal, but that's what it is.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:36pm
I would be very surprised if the VRM temperature on both of these boards is as high as the reading you get in HWiNFO.

Both of these boards have a nine phase VRM design, with heat sinks on the VRM chips. That is not a weak, power limited design. A simple test would be to touch the heat sinks with your finger while the PC is running. The heat sinks would be very hot if the VRM chips were at ~100° C. If you had an IR thermometer, you could measure the heat sink temperature.

The programmer of HWiNFO knows only from experience which of the sensor chip's outputs is for the VRMs, but that assumes that the board itself actually is designed to provide a VRM temperature reading. Less expensive boards like both of these may not have that feature.

Sensor output readings that do not have a data input will usually have high values that do not change. My ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac board has VRM temperature readings that at idle are in the low 30's C for the CPU, and high 20's for the SOC. The CPU VRM temperature varies by several degrees during normal use, and is a bit higher or lower depending upon the room temperature, and only goes above 50° C during CPU stress testing.

If both of your VRM temperature readings never change, and are at the high values you listed, then either the board does not provide VRM temperature readings, or the HWiNFO programmer is not reading the correct sensor output for those boards.
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 12:09am
I was thinking the same thing in retrospect parsec. It does fluctuate. From 95-97c. Any other programs you can think of that would have a more accurate board sensor output?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

I was thinking the same thing in retrospect parsec. It does fluctuate. From 95-97c. Any other programs you can think of that would have a more accurate board sensor output?

Not positive, but you could try AIDA64, free version, I think it had the VRM temperature for my Ryzen board, but I'm not using that PC right now. That is in the CPU stress test program, which you may need to configure the graphs available to show what is available.

I can't believe your VRMs are that hot, the heat sink would be very hot too. Did you try touching it? That's not much of a fluctuation, and still could be an output with no input.

Does your board show a memory temperature in HWiNFO? Not all memory has temperature sensors, but all my new G.SKILL memory does, and it is shown in HWiNFO.
cokaznrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cokaznrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm
Strange...I have a AB350 Pro4 and my hwinfo64 shows 24C on VRM sensor. No mobo sensors are over 44C
aleksei12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleksei12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 3:48pm
I'm a little off topic. on the Board gaming x370 k4 the temperature of vrm I  no-load with reset frequency to 1500Mhz held in the area 52 stably. under a light load to 60 degrees comes. in the tests using linx ~= 90 degrees. temperature during normal use(10-15 browser tabs,flash)58-60 degrees. temperature is not critical,but obviously not normal. indications looking through HWiNFO64, well hand if you touch the radiator are hot. I sort of a bit annoying this temperature. or not to worry ? and what are the parameters of the BIOS have the most impact on the temperature of the VRM,not counting the CPU voltage,it is a maximum of 1.3 volts under llc=2

Edited by aleksei12 - 12 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm
Ryzen 1700 3900Mhz,ASRock Fatal1ty X370Gaming K4, (2*8) DDR4 KFA2 HOF 3600 @3200 Mhz 14-14-14-32 ,Palit GTX1070 jetstream,Be Quiet PURE POWER L8 600W
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm
On my AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX the VRM reads 96c at idle in HWiNfo64.

Isn't that high?
costin1first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote costin1first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:53am
my VRM temp is between 93 and 97 C . also I have this problem : my pc freezes randomly and i ve seen lot of users that have the same proplem with this particular board. could VRm be the problem?
ryzen the best
ShoalKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShoalKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:22pm
Same here, VRM at 95-96C and it does not fluctuate over 96C
Touching the VRM is definitely not at 95C.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic